Seedings for Euro Finals - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Seedings for Euro Finals

Craig Fae Hamilton

But lots of us like to have fun making predictions Pete. More analysis on this link as to why I think you are talking absolute shite! Scroll down, The stats seem to point on Scotland being a Pot 2 Team as a Minimum. What stats were you using to come to your conclusions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sPAM6KBimzCIqsRICuLOUT0R_UQsWzcWiv1rEnHS4DE/edit?usp=sharing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I think we will get beat in Spain, its still going to be very warm in Seville apart from anything else. Think we will win in Georgia and either win or draw in last game. 

Yeah I have similar thoughts. I can’t see us getting anything in Spain although anything is possible. 

I do think we’ll either draw or win in Georgia and then draw our last match. I’m not really basing this on anything other than a gut feeling and as someone else has said, past experience. We never, and I mean NEVER, do anything the easy way. 

This could be the time to do just that and I hope we do win our last 3 (or at least our last 2) but if we do win the group do I’ll take your place in the naked run round Hampden. 

3 minutes ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

But lots of us like to have fun making predictions Pete. More analysis on this link as to why I think you are talking absolute shite! Scroll down, The stats seem to point on Scotland being a Pot 2 Team as a Minimum. What stats were you using to come to your conclusions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sPAM6KBimzCIqsRICuLOUT0R_UQsWzcWiv1rEnHS4DE/edit?usp=sharing

Do you not know how to quote someone? Are you just hoping I’ll read your posts if you mention my name? 

Stats mean hee haw mate. We arguably have 3 of our 5 most difficult games to come over the next 2 months. We could realistically lose all 3 of them. I personally doubt that will happen but it’s very possible. 

I haven’t once stated that, if we qualify, we won’t be in pot 2. I have said that we will need to do very well in our last few games to achieve that and it’s going to be very difficult. By no means is it anywhere near the certainty you and your “some people” appear to believe.

Hopefully we can get the points we need to win the group but I’d say that was unlikely given Spain are hitting a bit of form and they will want to give us a right going over after our win at Hampden. If we lose by 2 or more goals in Seville I suspect getting into pot 2 will be a struggle but if we do perform well in our final 2 games there’s a good chance we can be the best runner up and make it into pot 2. 

See above, what I think of your Analysis.

And frankly, Not only do I stand by my initial prediction. I also stand by my comment that you talk absolute mince 🤣

We are playing better than we have in the last 20 years and I need to listen to your pish. Jog On!

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Do you not know how to quote someone? Are you just hoping I’ll read your posts if you mention my name? 

Stats mean hee haw mate. We arguably have 3 of our 5 most difficult games to come over the next 2 months. We could realistically lose all 3 of them. I personally doubt that will happen but it’s very possible. 

I haven’t once stated that, if we qualify, we won’t be in pot 2. I have said that we will need to do very well in our last few games to achieve that and it’s going to be very difficult. By no means is it anywhere near the certainty you and your “some people” appear to believe.

Hopefully we can get the points we need to win the group but I’d say that was unlikely given Spain are hitting a bit of form and they will want to give us a right going over after our win at Hampden. If we lose by 2 or more goals in Seville I suspect getting into pot 2 will be a struggle but if we do perform well in our final 2 games there’s a good chance we can be the best runner up and make it into pot 2. 

29 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I have similar thoughts. I can’t see us getting anything in Spain although anything is possible. 

I do think we’ll either draw or win in Georgia and then draw our last match. I’m not really basing this on anything other than a gut feeling and as someone else has said, past experience. We never, and I mean NEVER, do anything the easy way. 

This could be the time to do just that and I hope we do win our last 3 (or at least our last 2) but if we do win the group do I’ll take your place in the naked run round Hampden. 

😂 if we beat Spain you had better get to the gym. 

41 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Pressure? Or, if we have already qualified, taking our foot off the gas?

I am not saying there’s no chance we can win or last 2 matches, or even our last 3, but in my opinion it’s unlikely to happen. 

I would love to be proved wrong. 

I absolutely agree that it is very unlikely we will win our last 3, but I’d say it is in no way shape or form very unlikely we’ll win our last two. On the contrary I think it’s likely (based on results so far) that we will. If you’d said it won’t be easy, or isn’t guaranteed I’d be with you 100%, but to say it’s “very unlikely” is just plain wrong IMO.

All about opinions though mate. 👍

9 minutes ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

See above, what I think of your Analysis.

And frankly, Not only do I stand by my initial prediction. I also stand by my comment that you talk absolute mince 🤣

We are playing better than we have in the last 20 years and I need to listen to your pish. Jog On!

What a charming chap. 

Yawn.....................

For everyone else on this thread, current standings on the Pots and some excellent Analysis on the Pot Scotland will end up in from We Global Football on the link below. Scroll down to view it all:

Edited by Craig Fae Hamilton

3 minutes ago, Marky said:

I absolutely agree that it is very unlikely we will win our last 3, but I’d say it is in no way shape or form very unlikely we’ll win our last two. On the contrary I think it’s likely (based on results so far) that we will. If you’d said it won’t be easy, or isn’t guaranteed I’d be with you 100%, but to say it’s “very unlikely” is just plain wrong IMO.

All about opinions though mate. 👍

We’ll see what happens but I’d be happy with 4 points from our last 2. 6 would be brilliant and, in my opinion, unlikely. 

Whether it’s very unlikely or not is obviously debatable but Georgia is not an easy place for us to go (although I do think we will win there for a change) and Norway are a good team. Very unlikely is probably a bit harsh but just because we have won our first 5 games doesn’t mean we are suddenly one of the best teams in the world who will beat all comers.

A lot will come down to whether we need anything from our final game. If it’s a dead rubber (which hopefully it will be) it will probably be a drab affair. If we need something from the game it will be very nervy.