Wilko Cured? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wilko Cured?

The interesting part here is that after initial diagnosis and 6 months to live sort of thing, Wilco refused the usual "chemotherapy life extension in pain" treatment and continued gigging. I think I read it was a second opinion on the tumour by this surgeon who thought he could remove it safely and avoid any chemo treatment which Wilco went for. Good on him :ok:

Saw him for the first time ever in Glasgow only a few months before he was diagnosed.... just class. Pretty exciting to think there is even an outside chance he might gig again.

Pretty much invented the acts of about a half dozen modern bands.....

A truly-heartwarming story. Similarly, a close friend of my dad's was diagnosed with cancer early this year. Despite undergoing chemo, the medical staff, to their credit, were honest enough to tell him that he had very little chance of any recovery, and told him to 'make the most of the months you have'. Eight Months on, and the tumour has shrunk to less than a quarter of its original size, and, without wanting to jinx it, he's looking good for the long term!

On the other hand, I've lost two close friends in their 30s to cancer this year; it's remains an absolute khunt of a disease.

• 4 months later...

The interesting part here is that after initial diagnosis and 6 months to live sort of thing, Wilco refused the usual "chemotherapy life extension in pain" treatment and continued gigging. I think I read it was a second opinion on the tumour by this surgeon who thought he could remove it safely and avoid any chemo treatment which Wilco went for. Good on him :ok:

I would refuse Chemo all day long. plenty of other ways to treat cancer without poisoning yourself. No money in the alternatives though.

Anywah good story of someone beating the horrible disease.