Glengarry Refurbishment - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glengarry Refurbishment

Anyone know where I can get a Glengarry refurbished?

Just need to smarten it up with a new rosette/cockcade and a new Toorie on top (for mine has faded a wee bit).

I used Robert Mackie's in Ayrshire a few years back, but they're unable to do it this time.

33 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Anyone know where I can get a Glengarry refurbished?

Just need to smarten it up with a new rosette/cockcade and a new Toorie on top (for mine has faded a wee bit).

I used Robert Mackie's in Ayrshire a few years back, but they're unable to do it this time.

They’re closing down the bonnet making there apparently.

5 minutes ago, aaid said:

They’re closing down the bonnet making there apparently.

Their exact words to me were, "Sorry but the department closed down in January".

Sad to hear. I used them a few years back and I received excellent service.

Just now, Rich NATA said:

Their exact words to me were, "Sorry but the department closed down in January".

Sad to hear. I used them a few years back and I received excellent service.

From my home town, they’ve been making bonnets there for centuries but sadly no more. 

I was recently reprimanded for the Glengarry. Told if I was so in favour of independence I shouldn't be wearing it; I should be wearing a blue bunnet.

I believe Bannockburn House handmake them. Have no idea where else I can get one.

I understand that House of Tartan in Crieff are taking over the production of balmorals and glengarries from Mackies but they will take them several months to get going.  Might be worth contacting them.

Edited by aaid