October 2004 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

October 2004

bonny78

[quote name="Barney Rubble" post="41073" timestamp="1414183902

No idea anymore who was in the play-offs, and that's speculation anyway. The important thing is to be there, and we weren't.

Did Norway not miss out on the play off's as the worst 2nd placed team?

Moldova was a mental trip. Went with Charlie Endell and Flora Madonald. Two nights in Bucharest and a mad couple of days in Chisinau.

The vodka was lethal. Had one of the worst hangovers known to man and had to endure the 14 hour train journey back to Bucharest.

Memorable trip!

It's frightening that ten years have passed since then - I mind it like yesterday! Jings, we're no here long right enough

As were 0-0 in Minsk (not a bad trip at all!) and 0-1 at home (Hleb after 5 minutes and thereafter..............no reaction). WS could and should have got more from us in both of those games.

That was a section we should have qualified from, no contest.

the 0-0 away was a decent backs to the wall performance i recall - weir outstanding in defence

the 0-1 at home was a killer blow -WS seemed to have no Plan B up his sleeve - Kenny allowed to chase lost causes himself up front in a game we had to win to stay in contention - i think the same day norway won 3-2 away in slovenia , so effectively game over

the 0-0 away was a decent backs to the wall performance i recall - weir outstanding in defence

the 0-1 at home was a killer blow -WS seemed to have no Plan B up his sleeve - Kenny allowed to chase lost causes himself up front in a game we had to win to stay in contention - i think the same day norway won 3-2 away in slovenia , so effectively game over

Minsk was Weir's first appearance as a turncoat IIRC.

Would not say Minsk was backs to the wall, as I remember their keeper having lots to do.... Just a shame that was out leaping Kenny Miller to the long balls we had been punting into the box all night.

IIRC the 2nd Hleb brother started the game and the better one came on later, as recall their fans went into a frenzy when he came on.

Always suspected game at Hampden Smith never had any desire to win that game.... Confidence was sky high after the draw against Italy and win in Oslo, yet we played worse than anything we had played under Vogts that day, and fact Smith only made one sub that day to bring Maloney on, when he had plenty of good options on the bench shows he was not out to win it.