Arthurlie FC... Another ground !! - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Arthurlie FC... Another ground !!

Met an Arthurlie supporter yesterday at the train station.. Lovely fellow actually.. He looked a bit mental, covered  in tatoos. Was telling me he and his pals travel to all the matches.. Would love to check out a match as my cousin lives 5 min from the ground....

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Theyre looking at a new stadium just now, I think most people are against it but Dunterlie is kinda falling to bits in some areas. Cracking wee stadium though

I liked it. The stand is all but finished, looks ragged, but some history pal...

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I liked it. The stand is all but finished, looks ragged, but some history pal...

The actual stand with the roof is fine, its one of the bits behind the goals is properly crumbling, theyve had it taped off for a good few years now. Went to an away game this year at Largs, what  a cracking wee stadium that is, the views of the hills are tremendous. Was a beautiful day too. 4-0 down at half time and the carry out was nearly done so left for the pub again

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 5:48 PM, Kirk said:

The actual stand with the roof is fine, its one of the bits behind the goals is properly crumbling, theyve had it taped off for a good few years now. Went to an away game this year at Largs, what  a cracking wee stadium that is, the views of the hills are tremendous. Was a beautiful day too. 4-0 down at half time and the carry out was nearly done so left for the pub again

Well depending on when I'm over next, I plan on going to a match. I spoke with the groundsman when I was over, he was telling me years and years ago Arthurlie beat Celtic in a Cup game. We had a good laugh. Aye, would love to go to The Brigg, have a few scoops, then walk down the road and watch the football, then back to The Brigg for a session..😉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺

On 5/24/2023 at 7:41 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Met an Arthurlie supporter yesterday at the train station.. Lovely fellow actually.. He looked a bit mental, covered  in tatoos. Was telling me he and his pals travel to all the matches.. Would love to check out a match as my cousin lives 5 min from the ground....

Did he recognise you Ramy?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteveMcD said:

When I click on the link, the 1st comment that shows gives the answer to the question you‘re asking. Milburn Park, Vale of Leven.  

Never seen that, fair enough. Thought I read Dumbarton. Cheers fella..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍