Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 5 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

How did you know they were "no generation"? Actually you didn't, in fact you knew feck all about them.

Did I say that it was the "no generation" that sang it? I was saying that in relation to the previous post.

As pointed out earlier (not sure if it was by you) this isn't what the normal Irish fan represents and I agree. With that being said it then leaves the plastic paddys that base their national affiliation down to their club allegiance which is embarrassing to sing these songs, wouldn't you agree?

You really can't defend or condone these people can you?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks.

Oh do you thinks so. Lets wait and see.I recon 10 to 15,000 of them in the ground.Why on earth did the SFA decide to play this game at Celtic Park? Oh aye that will be because they were expecting a massive support from Glasgows Irish quarter so its all about money.They should have switched the Georgia and Ireland games round playing Ireland at Ibrox.

Did I say that it was the "no generation" that sang it? I was saying that in relation to the previous post.

As pointed out earlier (not sure if it was by you) this isn't what the normal Irish fan represents and I agree. With that being said it then leaves the plastic paddys that base their national affiliation down to their club allegiance which is embarrassing to sing these songs, wouldn't you agree?

You really can't defend or condone these people can you?

I don't think these people exist except in your and peever's fevered imaginations. I certainly don't know anyone that meets your description. If someone with a Scottish accent supports Ireland it's because they have a connection with Ireland. And if they have a connection with Ireland then they are entitled to support them if they want.

Oh do you thinks so. Lets wait and see.I recon 10 to 15,000 of them in the ground.Why on earth did the SFA decide to play this game at Celtic Park? Oh aye that will be because they were expecting a massive support from Glasgows Irish quarter so its all about money.They should have switched the Georgia and Ireland games round playing Ireland at Ibrox.

I can see a flaw here, I think Ibrox is in Glasgow too.

Oh aye that will be because they were expecting a massive support from Glasgows Irish quarter so its all about money.They should have switched the Georgia and Ireland games round playing Ireland at Ibrox.

Glasgow's Irish quarter can make it to Ibrox just as easily. All that would do would stop 10,000 fans attending the Ireland game who want to, and have made the crowd at the Georgia look even lower...

I don't think these people exist except in your and peever's fevered imaginations. I certainly don't know anyone that meets your description. If someone with a Scottish accent supports Ireland it's because they have a connection with Ireland. And if they have a connection with Ireland then they are entitled to support them if they want.

If you don't believe they exist I think you need to take off those lovely green tinted goggles you are wearing.

I completely agree with what you said though, if you are of Irish heritage support them. That's not who my problem is with.

Edited by TheReid

If you don't believe they exist I think you need to take off those lovely green tinted goggles you are wearing.

I completely agree with what you said though, if you are of Irish heritage support them. That's not who my problem is with.

Maybe you need to take off the orange tinted ones? Edited by thplinth

It's football.

Why do people care so much if Scots who support Ireland, or are even there in the home end. Scotland fans reguarly sit in amongst the home end on many away trips. What about the expat Scots who may live abroad, some even born/raised or their family have that sit in the home end and support their heritage (Scotland) over their current home/residence?

Eck and co I don't think I really have to spell it out for you do I? We have clowns where I live who will be wearing their ROI tops on the day in the pub supporting a country they have never been to never mind family ties.They will support ROI because of some ties they have with a Glasgow football club.How many saltires do you see at Celtic Park? Christ the Montrose CSC flag is a bloody big tricolour FFS.Not saying the majority of Celtic fans are like this but there are a lot of them. My name has an Irish connection but our family have been here for 800 years so how far do they have yo go back to say they have Irish roots? If you think there will be no Scots Celtic fans supporting ROI at this game then you are in cloud cookooland.

Fukk your brand of nationalism peever. Just saying like.

You have nae a clue what my brand of nationalism is and even if you did what the fukk does it have to do with this thread? All I am saying is there is Scots who will buy tickets for this game and support ROI.Now if you want to believe these people dont exist then you are living in a world of your own.

Eck and co I don't think I really have to spell it out for you do I? We have clowns where I live who will be wearing their ROI tops on the day in the pub supporting a country they have never been to never mind family ties.They will support ROI because of some ties they have with a Glasgow football club.How many saltires do you see at Celtic Park? Christ the Montrose CSC flag is a bloody big tricolour FFS.Not saying the majority of Celtic fans are like this but there are a lot of them. My name has an Irish connection but our family have been here for 800 years so how far do they have yo go back to say they have Irish roots? If you think there will be no Scots Celtic fans supporting ROI at this game then you are in cloud cookooland.

I am sorry to bring reality into this but I know quite a few Celtic supporters - Scots with weegie accents but strong Irish roots - who are completely torn in two by this match :yikes3:

I really cannot emphasize this any more...

The relationship that enslaves us is not the one we have with England, it is the one we have with Ireland.

Sort that out and we unlock the door.

The whole Ireland thing in the west Coast is mental. Question, see if Northern Ireland/Republic played each other would there be trouble?