After 3 Games....germany - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

After 3 Games....germany

Green_Tide_Rising

First of all.... I want to say Congrats to ye guys on a great point won in Warsaw

Im only on the forum 8-10 mths, and all the talk has been of scotland/ireland/poland finishing for second maximum(myself included in saying that)

So my question is...

After Scotland pushing Germany so close in Dortmund and setting an example may I say,....

With Poland beating Germany in Poland.......

And my lads getting a point in Germany tonight.....

Also with the fact that Germany have to come to a packed and passionate Hampen Park and Lansdowne Road next year.....

Should both our Nations.......now be aiming higher when it comes to qualifying ?

Germany, like all the seeded teams that have started poorly so far, will do enough to qualify.

In our group, Poland have a 3 point advantage over us (although maybe that's been pegged back a bit by our result tonight) and Ireland have a 1 point advantage over us.

Ireland are in the best position because they've got a draw in Germany and a win in Georgia. Scotland can't match that and Poland will do well to do the same. However, you've only played 1 of the top 4 teams, we've played 2 (both away), Poland have played 2 and Germany have played 3.

It is a truly fascinating group. Germany are worse than the last campaign and the other 3 are all much improved.

Edited by PASTA Mick

And congrats to you, skipper Green. A great result in Ireland. Never seen the game, but 1-1 is brilliant for yourselves.

A good hard working side are Ireland. Imagine the seethe if we ourselves (try translating that, Billy BritHuns) and you yourselves (probably just as much seethe if you ken any of the Gaelige/Gaidhlig tongue) manage to get 1st and 2nd would be terrific.

I think too many fans, imagine the Polish boards are going mad too, bet they are gutted after their German win that they only got a point against Scotland, I'm sure Scotland would be too especially if we beat Germany.

This group will go to the wire and never mind Gibraltar, it'll be Georgia who will settle this group. Ireland already have 3pts from there. We already have 1 pt from Warsaw, Eire have 1pt from Germany. We can all point score.

Already on paper - both Ireland and Scotland's away points in Germany and Poland look good.

Next month is a must win for Scotland, but not Ireland.

Should be good fun, and hope yourself and the Irish fans have a great time in Glasgow. I'm sure you will. Bring that Uillean pipe!

Unfortuneatly theres no way in hell that Uefa will miss out on 100 milliom Germans watching the Euros om the TV,in 2016. I'm delighted that they have been dragged into the fight but I really wouldn't be surprised if a wee bit of 'poor refering' aids them to win the group if needs be. Alls I can say is poor oul Gibraltar are going to get the worst backlash in the history of backlashes,next month.

Had thought that very thing last night about Lahm, sure I heard it mentioned on Sky somewhere the Germans are unhappy with him for retiring. They still have Schweinsteiger to come back as well though. Still think they will do enough but if they failed to win in Georgia in March then it really will be any 2 from 4.

When you look at their result against Argentina and the fact we could (should) have took 1 point in Dortmund, it s not a really big surprise to see them dropping points now.

What concerns me if the luck of Ireland. Last minute goal in Georgia, last minute goal in Germany (where they had only 2 goals on target).

One thing about Ireland, they have a difficult finish.

Just for fun, if we assume everyone beats Georgia and Gibraltar home and away, and we assume everyone wins their home games, going into the last two games the table would look like this

Ireland 19

Scotland 16

Poland 16

Germany 16

Scotland will have to get a result off Poland at home and Gibraltar away.

Ireland will play Germany at home followed by Poland away.

Thursday, Oct 8 2015
Scotland vs Poland
Ireland vs Germany
Sunday, Oct 11 2015
Germany vs Georgia
Poland vs Ireland
Gibraltar vs Scotland