So who we getting in play off currently - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So who we getting in play off currently

bonny78

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Pretentious drivel. 

You're just doing what you accused me of, "presenting your opinion as fact."

Hypocritical drivel. 

And if you're saying that one shouldn't convey opinion with conviction then either you don't know what an opinion is or you're easily suggestable and have a tendency to flip-flop.

32 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You're just doing what you accused me of, "presenting your opinion as fact."

Hypocritical drivel. 

And if you're saying that one shouldn't convey opinion with conviction then either you don't know what an opinion is or you're easily suggestable and have a tendency to flip-flop.

I’m not presenting anything as fact. Anything I state on here is my opinion unless I’m quoting a statistic or something. 

The way you state things gets on peoples tits though. Can you not tell that from the reactions you get?

You’ve been barred from here before and had the audacity to come back and still go on the way you used to. 

There is nothing wrong with holding strong opinions and a lot of what you say makes sense but there’s really no need to come across the way you do. That’s up to you though. You’re free to do what you like same as I’m free to state my opinion. 

Until you get barred again of course. Or until I do. 😂

15 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not presenting anything as fact. Anything I state on here is my opinion unless I’m quoting a statistic or something. 

The way you state things gets on peoples tits though. Can you not tell that from the reactions you get?

You’ve been barred from here before and had the audacity to come back and still go on the way you used to. 

There is nothing wrong with holding strong opinions and a lot of what you say makes sense but there’s really no need to come across the way you do. That’s up to you though. You’re free to do what you like same as I’m free to state my opinion. 

Until you get barred again of course. Or until I do. 😂

Mate, you just came out and said that I was talking pretentious drivel. That's presenting things in a much more rude manner than I ever have, so I think it's a bit rich to be dressed down.

I come across the way I do because it's just me. I have strong opinions and I convey them. Why should I sugar-coat it? We're all adults. 

I'm not a people person. My advice is to just accept it, as I'm not going to stop giving my opinions in the way that I do.

I've never abused anyone in a crude or foul manner, surely that should hold more credence than giving opinion like they're fact. And yes, most of my opinions and/will be fact.

If we qualify for the European Chmpionships via the play-offs I'll not post here for 12 months. I just need someone to take my wager and add their ante.

18 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Mate, you just came out and said that I was talking pretentious drivel. That's presenting things in a much more rude manner than I ever have, so I think it's a bit rich to be dressed down.

I come across the way I do because it's just me. I have strong opinions and I convey them. Why should I sugar-coat it? We're all adults. 

I'm not a people person. My advice is to just accept it, as I'm not going to stop giving my opinions in the way that I do.

I've never abused anyone in a crude or foul manner, surely that should hold more credence than giving opinion like they're fact. And yes, most of my opinions and/will be fact.

If we qualify for the European Chmpionships via the play-offs I'll not post here for 12 months. I just need someone to take my wager and add their ante.

The whole “I’m just an arsehole, accept it” argument doesn’t really do it for me. If I see someone posting pretentious drivel in response to something I have posted I’ll probably call the person on it. I wasn’t doing it to be abusive. 

I don’t particularly care if you leave the board for a year or not so I won’t be taking you up on your bet. 

If you want to come on here and post your negative, self-important dross on here for the next 30 years that’s up to you. Just don’t be surprised if people call you on it from time to time. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The whole “I’m just an arsehole, accept it” argument doesn’t really do it for me. If I see someone posting pretentious drivel in response to something I have posted I’ll probably call the person on it. I wasn’t doing it to be abusive. 

I don’t particularly care if you leave the board for a year or not so I won’t be taking you up on your bet. 

If you want to come on here and post your negative, self-important dross on here for the next 30 years that’s up to you. Just don’t be surprised if people call you on it from time to time. 

Ok. Fine. Why exactly is "You have to have conviction in your opinion" is pretentious drivel? Of course you should have conviction on your opinion, otherwise it wouldn't be an opinion.

Well, there we have it. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. Do you think we'll qualify? If you do, have some conviction in your opinion. I have conviction in mine.

I'll always post my honest opinion. If people don't like it then it really is none of my concern. I'm not even sure why it's an issue. You won't see me ever "calling up on" someone for expressing their opinion. I respect all opinions.

In all my time here I've been on the end of some amounts of abuse. None of it was/is warranted. Hell, only a few weeks ago a newbie was ran out of here because they were accused of being me. It's absolute lunatic levels of paranoia. The fact that it's accepted tells a tale.

I've faced it all with dignity. You won't hear me initiating a moan about it. Ever. :)

10 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ok. Fine. Why exactly is "You have to have conviction in your opinion" is pretentious drivel? Of course you should have conviction on your opinion, otherwise it wouldn't be an opinion.

Well, there we have it. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is. Do you think we'll qualify? If you do, have some conviction in your opinion. I have conviction in mine.

I'll always post my honest opinion. If people don't like it then it really is none of my concern. I'm not even sure why it's an issue. You won't see me ever "calling up on" someone for expressing their opinion. I respect all opinions.

In all my time here I've been on the end of some amounts of abuse. None of it was/is warranted. Hell, only a few weeks ago a newbie was ran out of here because they were accused of being me. It's absolute lunatic levels of paranoia. The fact that it's accepted tells a tale.

I've faced it all with dignity. You won't hear me initiating a moan about it. Ever. :)

That wasn’t exactly what you said but regardless of that it’s a bit pretentious, in my opinion, because you were coming across in a pompous fashion as if your opinion is more important than anyone else’s and as if having an opinion was something special or noble. It’s not. It’s also not 100% accurate. People can have casual opinions. 

My honest opinion is I really don’t know if we’ll qualify next year. A lot will depend on the draw next month. If we are unlucky and get an away draw in the final (should we win the first match) then I think it’s unlikely. Serbia or Norway away will be very tough although we should remember that neither of this teams are world beaters. They are around the same level as Slovakia and Slovenia whom we have beaten at home fairly recently (and have lost to away). If we get a home draw and our squad is injury free in March then I think we have a decent chance.

You have made it clear that we WILL NOT qualify through the playoffs. You rarely say you don’t think we will or it’s very unlikely in your opinion. You just state flat out that we won’t qualify as if you know this for a fact. You don’t. 

Nobody should be abused for stating their opinion but if you rub people up the wrong way by the way you state it then people will react to it. 

36 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That wasn’t exactly what you said but regardless of that it’s a bit pretentious, in my opinion, because you were coming across in a pompous fashion as if your opinion is more important than anyone else’s and as if having an opinion was something special or noble. It’s not. It’s also not 100% accurate. People can have casual opinions. 

My honest opinion is I really don’t know if we’ll qualify next year. A lot will depend on the draw next month. If we are unlucky and get an away draw in the final (should we win the first match) then I think it’s unlikely. Serbia or Norway away will be very tough although we should remember that neither of this teams are world beaters. They are around the same level as Slovakia and Slovenia whom we have beaten at home fairly recently (and have lost to away). If we get a home draw and our squad is injury free in March then I think we have a decent chance.

You have made it clear that we WILL NOT qualify through the playoffs. You rarely say you don’t think we will or it’s very unlikely in your opinion. You just state flat out that we won’t qualify as if you know this for a fact. You don’t. 

Nobody should be abused for stating their opinion but if you rub people up the wrong way by the way you state it then people will react to it. 

Well, it never hurts adding a wee bit of panache to things. Nah, i don't think my opinions are more important than anyone else's. If anyone reads my opinions and think that they're conveyed in a way that i think they're more important than anyone else's, it's more of a self-esteem issue with the other person.

Cool. I'm be honest, I didn't even know who we could potentially be playing against.

Let's put all the cards on the table: the Scotland team is a mess, we have ageing goalkeepers, the middle of our defence is as soft as the middle of a milky way, we play with a double-pivot (2 anchormen) even though we have no players that can play in that position (Mulgrew is probably the most successful one in that role), and we have no top striker.

You say that I'm negative, but what part of the aforementioned is untrue? If we qualify it will be a miracle.

Mate, I began receiving dog's abuse the moment I suggested playing three at the back, etc. If people get rubbed up the wrong way by a tactical suggestion then I question their snowflake mentality.

21 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I know. It’s like talking to a brick wall. It’s quiet on here though and I was bored. 😂

Not talking to a brick wall, at all.

I hear you.

You're fine with the established people here being able to convey their opinion, in any fashion they choose (usually with obscenities) and be as rude as they want to be. I don't think i give my opinion more forcibly than anyone else.

For new people to invade their own private playground is frowed upon. And I notice you ignored the horrible manner that that RabC guy was treated. So bad that he deleted his account. Say what you will about me, but I'm not a bully, which is more than you say about a cluster of people in this place.

21 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Not talking to a brick wall, at all.

I hear you.

You're fine with the established people here being able to convey their opinion, in any fashion they choose (usually with obscenities) and be as rude as they want to be. I don't think i give my opinion more forcibly than anyone else.

For new people to invade their own private playground is frowed upon. And I notice you ignored the horrible manner that that RabC guy was treated. So bad that he deleted his account. Say what you will about me, but I'm not a bully, which is more than you say about a cluster of people in this place.

It was just a joke as evidenced by the laughing emoji.

I would consider you an established member of the board, albeit in your second incarnation and as I mentioned earlier, I respect anyone’s opinion on here even though I might not agree with it. Newbies’ opinions are also welcome on here. The more people the better in my opinion as the TAMB is dying on its arse.  

I can’t speak for everyone on here but I don’t think anyone has a problem with your opinions. It’s your reaction to anyone that disagrees with them that gets on some peoples tits. 

As for Rab C, I have no idea who that is and I certainly don’t condone bullying. I tend to take a break from this board for a couple of weeks after our games and come back on again in the run up to our next fixtures so it may have happened when I wasn’t posting. If anyone was forced off here having done nothing wrong then I think that’s a disgrace but please don’t accuse me of taking part or condoning it because I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

27 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It was just a joke as evidenced by the laughing emoji.

I would consider you an established member of the board, albeit in your second incarnation and as I mentioned earlier, I respect anyone’s opinion on here even though I might not agree with it. Newbies’ opinions are also welcome on here. The more people the better in my opinion as the TAMB is dying on its arse.  

I can’t speak for everyone on here but I don’t think anyone has a problem with your opinions. It’s your reaction to anyone that disagrees with them that gets on some peoples tits. 

As for Rab C, I have no idea who that is and I certainly don’t condone bullying. I tend to take a break from this board for a couple of weeks after our games and come back on again in the run up to our next fixtures so it may have happened when I wasn’t posting. If anyone was forced off here having done nothing wrong then I think that’s a disgrace but please don’t accuse me of taking part or condoning it because I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Ok. I wasn't actually having a dig at you for welcoming newbies, etc. This place needs new blood. It's a select few others that, for some reason, don't want new people here.

Really? My reaction? In what way? Yes, i am like a dog with a bone at times, but i see that as a strength rather than a weakness. Generally i don't mind people disagreeing with me, though.

Ok. Well, a newbie signed up last week. He mentioned something about being a Livingston fan, etc. All because he seemed to favour a three-at-the-back system, about five people rounded on the poor guy and accused him of being me. Next day he deleted his account. 

The guy Farcity (or Faircity) seems to be the ringleader. He even accused mrniaboc of being me, too. The paranoia is cringe-worthy.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

8 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ok. I wasn't actually having a dig at you for welcoming newbies, etc. This place needs new blood. It's a select few others that, for some reason, don't want new people here.

Really? My reaction? In what way? Yes, i am like a dog with a bone at times, but i see that as a strength rather than a weakness. Generally i don't mind people disagreeing with me, though.

Ok. Well, a newbie signed up last week. He mentioned something about being a Livingston fan, etc. All because he seemed to favour a three-at-the-back system, about five people rounded on the poor guy and accused him of being me. Next day he deleted his account. 

The guy Farcity (or Faircity) seems to be the ringleader. He even accused mrniaboc of being me, too. The paranoia is cringe-worthy.

It certainly does need new blood. Unfortunately most young fans prefer Facebook and the like and find this sort of forum old fashioned. 

If anyone dares disagree with your 3 at the back dream you round on them, accuse them of being short sighted or old fashioned or being clueless about football. I’m paraphrasing of course but you (apparently) look down your nose at anyone that thinks 4 at the back is a better idea. You might not mean it that way but that’s how it comes across. 

I didn’t see any of that so I can’t comment. How do you know he deleted his profile though? 

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It certainly does need new blood. Unfortunately most young fans prefer Facebook and the like and find this sort of forum old fashioned. 

If anyone dares disagree with your 3 at the back dream you round on them, accuse them of being short sighted or old fashioned or being clueless about football. I’m paraphrasing of course but you (apparently) look down your nose at anyone that thinks 4 at the back is a better idea. You might not mean it that way but that’s how it comes across. 

I didn’t see any of that so I can’t comment. How do you know he deleted his profile though? 

The three at the back thing is multifaceted.

Ideally, Scotland would play with four at the back. Ideally, we'd have two world class center backs. Generally i favour a four. It's not an ideal overview, though, and because of this we need to play with a three. Are people not sick of the constant kickings?

The poor guy's only crime was to agree with me. I looked back on his comments and it says "Guest RabC"

I don't mind people picking on me, but when the blindside a newbie, just for daring to agree with me. It's a little twisted.

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

The three at the back thing is multifaceted.

Ideally, Scotland would play with four at the back. Ideally, we'd have two world class center backs. Generally i favour a four. It's not an ideal overview, though, and because of this we need to play with a three. Are people not sick of the constant kickings?

The poor guy's only crime was to agree with me. I looked back on his comments and it says "Guest RabC"

I don't mind people picking on me, but when the blindside a newbie, just for daring to agree with me. It's a little twisted.

We’ve played 3 at the back and been absolutely bum raped. It could work for us in the long term but it might not. It probably wouldn’t. it’s not the magic wand you make it out to be. Constantly bringing it up as if it will automatically solve all our problems is a little grating for some people.

As I say, I didn’t interact with Rab or see any of his comments so I can’t really comment. If what you say is accurate then it’s terrible and the admins (do they still exist?) should do something about it. 

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We’ve played 3 at the back and been absolutely bum raped. It could work for us in the long term but it might not. It probably wouldn’t. it’s not the magic wand you make it out to be. Constantly bringing it up as if it will automatically solve all our problems is a little grating for some people.

As I say, I didn’t interact with Rab or see any of his comments so I can’t really comment. If what you say is accurate then it’s terrible and the admins (do they still exist?) should do something about it. 

We used it once against Israel. No one mentions when we used it when we drew with England 2-2.

When did I mention that it's a wagic wand? I suggest you read my "Sack the SFA" thread if you think I like three at the back. I don't like three at the back. I've never once said otherwise. I prefer four at the back. However, there's 17 years of evidence that says that our central defenders can't play at the top level in a four.

You say that we've played with a three. Over the past 17 years, in competitive matches, we've played with four at the back 99% of the matches. That isn't a fair representation of three.

I'm not saying that our fortunes would improve with a back three, but i'd like to find out.

Off the park, Scottish football is a mess and it needs a change, right up to SFA level. No amount of system changing will fix that mess.

It's accurate and it's appalling. I can actually see the same people doing it again and again, if new people dare agree with me. Ignoring the supreme paranoia, as you say, we need new people in this place, so to run them off the board is madness.. Unless they want the TAMB to close. (No idea if they exist)

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Dunno why you bother Texas Pete ..

You’re the second person to say that to me tonight. 

@Chripper/ @The_Dark_Knight, whilst being a bit of a bawbag (sorry man but you are) contributes to the board and helps keep it going.

The place would be far quieter without him. It’s like @bonny78. He is a troll and a bit of a scrotum but this place would a hell of a lot quieter without him. 

Live and let live and all that. 

12 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Really?

We've conceded 113 goals in our last 93 competitive matches. (Not including the Israel and England matches)

Not a good advert for Scotland playing a back four.

We might have conceded 133 with a back 3.