Travelling In A Kilt - Page 2 - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travelling In A Kilt

Byrne2711

I think...you're basically being scanned in slices so the front of you is getting scanned before the back. Without turning the kilt you've got more metal in the scanned slice at one time so it passes a threshold and sets off the scanner. When you turn it, one buckle gets done before the other and the amount of metal at any one time is lower. In that case some of you will have a good metre between buckles so one buckle will be out of the scanner before the next one even comes in.

Ouch!

Been on a job at the airport today and nobody - that's no-one - gets through to airside without ditching belts, watches, phones, cameras etc, for a shake-down - which surprised me.

I really believed that when the hoi-polloi were not around, it was easy-osy... I'm impressed.

Though, I should have been a special case - ma maw said I was 'special'. :blink:

I think...you're basically being scanned in slices so the front of you is getting scanned before the back. Without turning the kilt you've got more metal in the scanned slice at one time so it passes a threshold and sets off the scanner. When you turn it, one buckle gets done before the other and the amount of metal at any one time is lower. In that case some of you will have a good metre between buckles so one buckle will be out of the scanner before the next one even comes in.

Ouch!

fat-bastard-300x154.jpg

Experiences from Frankfurt/M: no kilt pin allowed on board, sporran etc off / on twice, once I had to follow into a seperate room and lift the kilt "a bit...."

I got pulled into a wee room in Frankfurt Airport last time we were there but that's a story I will keep quiet about :yikes3:

I almost sh1t on the floor whilst Wibble peed himself with laughter :lol:

Edited by jock strap