Yes Mobile Dead - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I think I have killed my Yes mobile that I've only had for 8 weeks.

By mistake I put £30 of unleaded in it, it's a diesel. I was almost empty when I did it. Drove to the chippy an when I got back it wouldn't start. Tried for a good while to start it but only clicked after a good while.

From what I've read online since I drove it and tried to start it, it is pretty much buggered.

This couldn't have come at a worse time for me as well! :(

Anyone know if it might be fixable?

Think you will be alright

Probably cost maybe £100-£200 to get it drained. new filter etc

Much Much worse putting diesel in a petrol

at the very least I'd pay a garage to flush the petrol out, replace the diesel filter, fill it with diesel and give it a go.

The worse case scenerio is the high pressure diesel pump is goosed. These rely on diesel for lubrication.

I put petrol into my wife's car (last time I ever fill it up for her) and it stopped about a mile up the road. Called the RAC and they towed it to a local garage where they drained the tank, drained the system at the engine end, and put some diesel in. Ran fine; in fact it ran better than it has been as the petrol cleaned the fuel filter which was filthy - the diesel they drained from the engine end was fuel of dirt and it was clear whoever serviced the car hadn't bothered to change the fuel filter. Cost £199 plus the loss of half a tank of fuel but the car is fine.

I put 5 litres of petrol in my empty diesel van....realised what i was doing and filled the rest up with diesel.....it worked fine. I believe petrol ignites differently to diesel so that's why yours wouldnt work; petrol needs a spark which a diesel engine doesnt provide....somehing like that.

Put 3/4 tank of petrol in the wife's 12 year old focus a few weeks back. Drove it for 20 miles where it was coughing a lot. Took it to garage where they drained it, changed filter and put 1/2 tank of diesel back all for £130. No probs when we got it back

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild