Georgia Squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgia Squad

We're infront of an angry home crowd, a fair number of our players are in good form, we've got a manager for the first time in a long time and confidence is riding high... if Craigie plays I'm going 3-1

Zurab Khizanishvili still playing?

Former Rangers defender Zurab Khizanishvili is gutted he won't get the chance to play against Scotland at Ibrox, having retired from international duty due to a fall-out with Georgia boss Temuri Ketsbaia. (Scottish Sun: print edition)

Looks like the striker Mchedlidze who scored as a 17 yo versus Scotland in 2007 and is now at Empoli is also out the game - http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.empolicalcio.net%2FInfortunio-per-Mchedlidze.htm

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

Zurab Khizanishvili still playing?

Former Rangers defender Zurab Khizanishvili is gutted he won't get the chance to play against Scotland at Ibrox, having retired from international duty due to a fall-out with Georgia boss Temuri Ketsbaia. (Scottish Sun: print edition)

That isn't entirely correct.

I did this interview with Zurab Khizanishvili a few days ago - http://futbolgrad.com/zurab-khizanishvili-georgia-veteran-search-century/

"I've retired from the coach, not my country."

Kashia will be touch and go. If he doesn't play, that central defence will be very shaky. IF he does play, I'd expect following team:

Loria (OFI Crete)

Lobjanidze (Omonia Nicosia) Kashia (Vitesse) Kverkvelia (Rubin Kazan) Grigalava (Anzhi)

Kankava (Dnipro) Daushvili (Karpaty Lviv)

Kazaishvili (Vitesse) Ananidze (Spartak Moscow) Okriashvili (Genk)

Chanturia (Cluj)

The lone striker position is totally up for grabs, I've gone with Chanturia as he is, in my opinion, the best option but Ketsbaia has been unfathomably loyal to Niko Gelashvili, who toils for a game in the Albanian league.

Prediction: Scotland 3-0 Georgia

Kashia will be touch and go. If he doesn't play, that central defence will be very shaky. IF he does play, I'd expect following team:

Loria (OFI Crete)

Lobjanidze (Omonia Nicosia) Kashia (Vitesse) Kverkvelia (Rubin Kazan) Grigalava (Anzhi)

Kankava (Dnipro) Daushvili (Karpaty Lviv)

Kazaishvili (Vitesse) Ananidze (Spartak Moscow) Okriashvili (Genk)

Chanturia (Cluj)

The lone striker position is totally up for grabs, I've gone with Chanturia as he is, in my opinion, the best option but Ketsbaia has been unfathomably loyal to Niko Gelashvili, who toils for a game in the Albanian league.

Prediction: Scotland 3-0 Georgia

I've added links to player profiles in the whoscored database.

Looks like the big weak link is in the full-back positions.

Grigalava doesn't seem to have kicked a ball this season and Lobjanidze is playing in a mid-table Cyprus team.

I've added links to player profiles in the whoscored database.

Looks like the big weak link is in the full-back positions.

Grigalava doesn't seem to have kicked a ball this season and Lobjanidze is playing in a mid-table Cyprus team.

Most areas of the side are weak in truth.

Keeper Loria has a knack of playing blinders against big teams. Some decent attacking midfielders/wide players but up front is desolate.

Aye, Grigalava was transfer listed for not taking a wage cut at Anzhi who have been downsizing massively in the last year. Long gone are the Roberto Carlos and Samuel Eto'o days there. If he doesn't play it will be Davit Kvirkvelia there, in his mid-30s playing in the Georgian league for the new money of Samtredia (Kakha Kaladze's hometown).

Kashia out with broken toe according to papers today. He didn't play for Vitesse last weekend.

Significant blow for them. He's been their player of the year, last two years.

This SHOULD be very comfortable for Scotland. Indeed, in such a tight group where goal difference may come into it, a narrow win wouldn't be that satisfying.

This SHOULD be very comfortable for Scotland.

Sure a lot of us thought that in 2007 after we washed the floor with Ukraine on the Saturday and heard that Georgia would be playing a 16 year old in goals :unsure:

Out of interest, where is that keeper these days? Know he went to France and was kicking around the lower leagues there for a while, with that game against us one of only a very small amount of games he every played for Georgia since.

Sure a lot of us thought that in 2007 after we washed the floor with Ukraine on the Saturday and heard that Georgia would be playing a 16 year old in goals :unsure:

Out of interest, where is that keeper these days? Know he went to France and was kicking around the lower leagues there for a while, with that game against us one of only a very small amount of games he every played for Georgia since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgi_Makaridze

Doxa Katokopia these days.