Las Vegas Mass Shooting - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Las Vegas Mass Shooting

1 minute ago, phart said:

Here's the same discussion on mum's net https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3251254-Why-are-identity-politics-described-as-Marxism

Dude if you're so attached to labelling them communists and marxists that's up to you, saying "come on man" isn't a compelling argument.

Neither is saying none of them have ever read marx when you could not possibly know. 

Just now, thplinth said:

Neither is saying none of them have ever read marx when you could not possibly know. 

Just as well I posted a 1961 essay detailing the differences of the two groups as seen by a Marxist theorist. I've also seen Marxist rallies and what they protest about. They aren't the same.

I think i've stated my position enough times now.

10 minutes ago, phart said:

Here's the same discussion on mum's net https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3251254-Why-are-identity-politics-described-as-Marxism

Dude if you're so attached to labelling them communists and marxists that's up to you, saying "come on man" isn't a compelling argument.

Why do you reply to c'mon man and not the actual point?

"Marxism was not replaced. The means to the end was replaced. C'mon man" 

But yeah c'mon man was the post i made.

57 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So go look for it. You obviously did not look at that Petersen vid I posted where he discussed how identity politics replaced the failed economic marxism of the 20th century.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Why do you reply to c'mon man and not the actual point?

"Marxism was not replaced. The means to the end was replaced. C'mon man" 

But yeah c'mon man was the post i made.

I didn't see a point, and rather than ask what it was, i just tried to bring the discussion to an end.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Man... sorry i did not pick up on this. Done.

No problem i thought i was only making a minor correction and instead it was all this reading and watching. Plus my natural inclination to argue for arguing sake, then i was like i don't even feel that strongly about it.

Sorry made an arse of that post above.

Cannot believe you'd think this nonsense two weeks ahead of the mid terms is real. 58 folk slaughtered and 800 maimed versus some shite fake bombs sent to every single one of Donald Trump marvel comics death list.

Aye good counter. That is 1-1.

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Release yer twisted drawers pal. I only replied to Ally being funny. 🙄

I am actually trying to make a point about who I think is behind the killing of 58 people and 800 maimed. Rightly or wrongly. You are ignoring that and repeating fake news shite on here while totally ignoring what I posted. You are not just replying to ally being funny.

Edited by thplinth

48 minutes ago, thplinth said:

If it was 58 black folk folk dead you'd be full boner outraged but it was 58 rednecks and so you don't give a shit. Who is the racist? 😀

What the fuck are smoking? You are now calling me a racist. Stay classy. If you want to just call me a “nigger lover” then you should’ve just said you fucking headcase.

For the avoidance of any doubt I have NEVER called anyone a racist on here. Fuck you Thplinth.

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I am actually trying to make a point about who I think is behind the killing of 58 people and 800 maimed. Rightly or wrongly. You are ignoring that and repeating fake news shite on here while totally ignoring what I posted. You are not just replying to ally being funny.

I’m ignoring what you posted because I couldn’t care worth a fuck replying to it. It’s neither here nor there with me.

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What the fuck are smoking? You are now calling me a racist. Stay classy. If you want to just call me a “nigger lover” then you should’ve just said you fucking headcase.

It would have been a lot funnier if you had put "Stay Classy" at the end. 

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I’m ignoring what you posted because I couldn’t care worth a fuck replying to it. It’s neither here nor there with me.

Aye you went from zero to ten to zero there man... You're not shy saying what you think but when I do it it, melt down.

Edited by thplinth