5 in midfield name them - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 in midfield name them

runninglikewind

2 minutes ago, Bino's said:

his last good game for us was Lithuania September 2011

his career has generally gonebackwards from that point

he must be strachans love child to have been included so often

How many other players have turned in ordinary performances during that time too? That's why we are where we are. I'd argue Morrison, Martin, Hanley, Forrest, Ritchie have done no more than Bannan. And he is a form player too which is what everyone keeps banging on about.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Paulo2576 said:

How many other players have turned in ordinary performances during that time too? That's why we are where we are. I'd argue Morrison, Martin, Hanley, Forrest, Ritchie have done no more than Bannan. And he is a form player too which is what everyone keeps banging on about.

I would argue Morrison has excelled compared to bannan and Ritchie has done better too

bannan has consistently underperformed

5 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I would argue Morrison has excelled compared to bannan and Ritchie has done better too

bannan has consistently underperformed

There you go. You rate Morrison and Ritchie, I don't, and the opposite applies for bannan. It's just differing opinions, but none of them are shite, as you insinuate with bannan. 

1 minute ago, Paulo2576 said:

There you go. You rate Morrison and Ritchie, I don't, and the opposite applies for bannan. It's just differing opinions, but none of them are shite, as you insinuate with bannan. 

bannan is shite

5 minutes ago, Bino's said:

I just don't rate bannan

I'd have , callum mcgregor, grameme shinnie, kevin McDonald, liam bridcutt in the squad over him

anyway, hope he confounds me

The thing is you are far from alone in your views on bannan, some people on here seem to see red at just the mention of his name! But when I watch him I always think he is so obviously a good footballer that other people's condemnation of him completely mystifies me. Let's hope I'm right and you're wrong tonight!!

31 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

The thing is you are far from alone in your views on bannan, some people on here seem to see red at just the mention of his name! But when I watch him I always think he is so obviously a good footballer that other people's condemnation of him completely mystifies me. Let's hope I'm right and you're wrong tonight!!

He's been woeful for Scotland for years.

He's always stood out in the championship but as Chris Martin has also proven, that means little come a step up to international level. 

25 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Imo bannan is a cracking player and should of been playing at a higher level, every time I watch Wednesday bannans usually the best player on the pitch, he is a joy to watch at times with his passing and flicks. If he plays well Wednesday usually win and play well. He played well during the start of strachan reign but then so did alot of players when we were beating the likes of Croatia home and away. His form for Scotland went down hill with the rest of the team in this campaign but I don't think he should be written off completely as he had good games for Scotland in the last campaign.

4 hours ago, Bino's said:

I just don't rate bannan

I'd have , callum mcgregor, grameme shinnie, kevin McDonald, liam bridcutt in the squad over him

anyway, hope he confounds me

You're classing him as a defensive mid then.. which he's not.

Wednesday ave used him there on occasion, but mostly out of necessity.
Part of the reason he's excelling this season (as he did the season before last) is that he was being freed to play further forwards.

For me he's competing for that Armstrong spot, not the Brown spot. And in that role he's been playing very well. The only problem I see is that his finishing isn't on a par with Armstrong's. It's barely on a par with mine tbh. :D

Edited by andyD