The Lord Is Calling Us To The Table - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Lord Is Calling Us To The Table

1 minute ago, phart said:

Fashion policing seems to be a trait of theists and atheists.

Nothing negative meant about 'daft clothes', nothing wrong with abit of daftness in the area of clothing. It was however nice to see that padre Andrew seems to have accepted that his walk was like the other walk, his only bone of contention being the clothing issue.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Nothing negative meant about 'daft clothes', nothing wrong with abit of daftness in the area of clothing. It was however nice to see that padre Andrew seems to have accepted that his walk was like the other walk, his only bone of contention being the clothing issue.

There's nothing remotely similar about the two walks, however I don't think you're ever going to accept that.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Atheist

So, by that criteria a Hindu (for example ) would be an atheist?

56 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well he's not forgotten about scotty! That is what you get for trying to get him banned. Anyway if it is who i think it is... hope you are doing well.:)

Remind me. I don't remember ever trying to get someone banned.

2 minutes ago, Padre Andrew said:

There's nothing remotely similar about the two walks, however I don't think you're ever going to accept that.

Correct.

The purpose of an Orange Walk is to rub the reminder of "ha ha, you lost" in the noses of the Roman Catholic community.

The purpose of 'The Walk of Witness' is to proclaim to all the Good News that Jesus defeated the grave for all who accept that free gift.

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Correct.

The purpose of a Walk of witness to rub the reminder of "ha ha, our god is better than your god" in the noses of the Islamic/Jewish/Hindu etc community.

The purpose of an Orange Walk is to proclaim to all the Good News that protestants freed us fom catholic domination for all who accept that free gift.

Fixed that for you, this is all getting very easy.

12 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Easy now let's (FFS! edit) NOT get into grassland. The original incarnation should never have been banned to begin with. 

Grass? Just no idea who you are talking about, that's all.

15 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Do you remember saying  "...if you are still here tomorrow..." and it came across like you had just reported them. Crazy guesswork on my behalf but I think this is the source of it. 

There was some behind the scenes stuff going on with JPM(?) 

He was determined to try and get under my skin (best wishes) and he knew that he was pushing the envelope.

So, what he did was PM a couple of other TAMBers (whom he thought would be like-minded allies) and urged them to take up his banner against me should he get banned (as he knew it was a strong possibility).

The TAMBers he contacted, contacted me... so there he was... alone... and cast adrift.

My comment was probably a reference to his posts (surely) not being able to stand without repercussion. 

(No one died at Sandy Hook btw. :wave:) 

16 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

There was some behind the scenes stuff going on with JPM(?) 

He was determined to try and get under my skin (best wishes) and he knew that he was pushing the envelope.

So, what he did was PM a couple of other TAMBers (whom he thought would be like-minded allies) and urged them to take up his banner against me should he get banned (as he knew it was a strong possibility).

The TAMBers he contacted, contacted me... so there he was... alone... and cast adrift.

My comment was probably a reference to his posts (surely) not being able to stand without repercussion. 

(No one died at Sandy Hook btw. :wave:) 

Hmmm... did you just pour petrol on the fire Scotty. :lol: Blimey...

56 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Fixed that for you, this is all getting very easy.

Hey, Wile E. Coyote 'supergenius'... The Jewish and Christian God is the same God; Christians aren't rubbing anyone's nose in anything; and war isn't free... the cost is actually very, very high.

3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Hey, Wile E. Coyote 'supergenius'... The Jewish and Christian God is the same God; Christians aren't rubbing anyone's nose in anything; and war isn't free... the cost is actually very, very high.

Yes, if I were you I'd focus on that bit of the post, you get the gist but.

21 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yes, if I were you I'd focus on that bit of the post, you get the gist but.

The gist is that you tried very unsuccessfully to compare two contrasting 'walks'.

Your attempt to force the square peg in the round hole has failed.

10 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The gist is that you tried very unsuccessfully to compare two contrasting 'walks'.

Your attempt to force the square peg in the round hole has failed.

Yes, we will maybe have to agree to disagree on that.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Correct.

The purpose of an Orange Walk is to rub the reminder of "ha ha, you lost" in the noses of the Roman Catholic community.

The purpose of 'The Walk of Witness' is to proclaim to all the Good News that Jesus defeated the grave for all who accept that free gift.

I had an old friend who was one of them thar catholics and he maintained, it was maybe bravado, that he and his catholic mates used to quite enjoy an orange marching day as it gave them the opportunity to watch lots of protestants making absolute tits of themselves.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's really only the Abrahamic religions that want to have a term for someone that disbelieves 

Hinduism, whilst a religion, is more a way of life/spirituality and tries to encompass all.

It doesnt claim one prophet, one God etc like other Religions but strangely enough atheism within it does exist