Beachwood bar - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Beachwood bar

mfc1886

For years I have been going to the Beachwood Bar before and after Scotland home games often having to queue to get in. Went there before the Slovenia game and walked in without any problem. After the match headed back there for a pint to be met by about 6 bouncers outside the door who told us the bar was closed. Looking inside there were people i took to be locals sitting drinking. So they are happy to take the Scotland supporters money before the game but lock us out afterwards. Anybody else try to get in and refused?

Sounds like the bar genuinely was closed (it was late Sunday night) and people who weren't at the game (the locals) were sitting finishing their drinks that they bought ,while you were at the game, before leaving.

That's pretty standard surely?

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/03/2017 at 7:02 PM, mfc1886 said:

For years I have been going to the Beachwood Bar before and after Scotland home games often having to queue to get in. Went there before the Slovenia game and walked in without any problem. After the match headed back there for a pint to be met by about 6 bouncers outside the door who told us the bar was closed. Looking inside there were people i took to be locals sitting drinking. So they are happy to take the Scotland supporters money before the game but lock us out afterwards. Anybody else try to get in and refused?

You've been going for years and can't even spell its name?