Classical Music - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Classical Music

Used to be a thread, can't find it so thought i'd start another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBHTCGEoN0

Probably the best guitar performance I have seen. This is absolutely stunning. His left hand positions are just amazing. It is truly breathtaking.

The counterpoint around 2:50 is just beautiful.

For me it changes my whole perception of the piece of music, the organ recital is just so dramatic but this one just accentuates the superb chords and glorious counterpoint, it's more gentle and beguiling. Honestly just blown away by it.

I cannot grasp the dedication and determination to achieve something like this, what an achievement.

Enjoy

Nae guitar on this.

I can't find the old scratchy black & white version with the beams of light through forest canopy dappling the leaves;  the clearing and the woodsman's hut and the girl by the stream...   Haunting.   Feck, was possibly a Nazi propaganda film.   Love it :(

I saw Yehudi Menuhin live many moons ago...I won't pretend that as a youngster I wasn't tempted to dose off at times, but his sister, Hephzibah, had been due to accompany him (herself a virtuoso pianist) but was ill. So Menuhin played, without a sheet of music in front of him or pianist to accompany him for a full 2 hour concert.

Anyway; this piece is one of my escapes from the modern world: