• Announcements

• TAMB1

PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.
Sign in to follow this  
Manno

Strachan's gone

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Pure and simple McKay doesn't merit the job full-time - on the grounds of a piss-poor managerial record.

davie moyes who will get the job isn't a great deal better

57 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I don't want somebody who talks about "chinkies" and "darkies" involved in working with children.  

But because Leigh Griffiths is good at his job you're happy to overlook his tweets and chants 

Don't give me that old fanny about changing the subject. It's the same subject just a different incident to

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

davie moyes who will get the job isn't a great deal better

Didn’t know you could see the future. 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

But because Leigh Griffiths is good at his job you're happy to overlook his tweets and chants 

Don't give me that old fanny about changing the subject. It's the same subject just a different incident to

I'm not discussing Leigh Griffiths though.  I don't think Leigh Griffiths should be Scotland manager, definitely not. 

24 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm not discussing Leigh Griffiths though.  I don't think Leigh Griffiths should be Scotland manager, definitely not. 

No but we're discussing a person newly appointed in the national team who has admitted to racism and xenophobia.

We now have two people involved with the national team who have both admitted to these offences yet because you don't fancy Mackay for the job on an interim basis you reckon he should never be involved in the national team or make a living in football again.

On the other side of the coin Griffiths does a job for us but it's fair fukks for him to continue to make a living and representing Scotland because he knows where the net is

Both are representing the national team after commiting these offences aswell as admitting to and apologising for their behaviour. Does it make any difference if it's a manager or player? Racism and xenophobia are exactly that regardless of who it is or what position they hold

They've both made mistakes but it seems only one is allowed to be able to move forward with their career

You're a hypocrite.

The last I'm going to say on the subject is that both have made mistakes and should be allowed to move forward, regardless of their ability in their respective roles

Edited by DoonTheSlope
When one is on ones high horse ones spelling must be flawless

12 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

No but we're discussing a person newly appointed in the national team who has admitted to racism and xenophobia.

We now have two people involved with the national team who have both admitted to these offences yet because you don't fancy Mackay for the job on an interim basis you reckon he should never be involved in the national team or make a living in football again.

On the other side of the coin Griffiths does a job for us but it's fair fukks for him to continue to make a living and representing Scotland because he knows where the net is

Both are representing the national team after commiting these offences aswell as admitting to and apologising for their behaviour. Does it make any difference if it's a manager or player? Racism and xenophobia are exactly that regardless of who it is or what position they hold

They've both made mistakes but it seems only one is allowed to be able to move forward with their career

You're a hypocrite.

The last I'm going to say on the subject is that both have made mistakes and should be allowed to move forward, regardless of their ability in their respective roles

Agreed. Some amount of bed wetting and nonsense getting posted over Malky’s INTERIM appointment. 

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

You're a hypocrite.

Thanks for telling what I think, very useful to know. 

I think David Goodwillie is ok to play for Clyde.  I don't think he would deserve to represent Scotland again.  

I think Leigh Griffiths is a wee dick, but I would give him the benefit of the doubt cos he's a bit thick and was caught singing along with his thick pals in the pub and posting idiotic drivel on Twitter.  He's young, he's seems to have learned to keep his pus shut. 

Malky Mackay is not thick.  He's a nasty piece of work and was caught out for systematic and sustained racist and discriminatory behaviour while in a senior management position.  I don't mind him working in football, but Clyde or equivalent is probably appropriate.