Who Will Chuck It? Who Will Breakthrough? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who Will Chuck It? Who Will Breakthrough?

McExpat

10 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Tam McManus reckons Dylan McGeough should be in the squad. Haven't seen too much of Hibs yet but wouldn't have thought a couple of good games is enough to merit a place ahead of some players who have been performing consistently at that level for a lot longer?

Stubbs said on the telly last night that McGeouch is the most on form midfielder in Scotland right now. I can only assume Hibs must be utter shite in every other position then, given their abject league position and how far they are from the sides top of the league. 

10 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

For people wanting Bannan to get a bigger role under the next manager 

No one wants that, to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Stubbs said on the telly last night that McGeouch is the most on form midfielder in Scotland right now. I can only assume Hibs must be utter shite in every other position then, given their abject league position and how far they are from the sides top of the league.

It's the usual Hibs love-in. Until they beat a bang average Hearts team last night they were in 7th place I think so, as you say, none of their team could have been that good. McGeouch is 24 so not exactly a youngster so a couple of good games for a mid table team in their first season in the top flight in years isn't - or shouldn't - going to be enough to get into the international set up and I'd suggest anyone who thinks otherwise, like Tam McManus, has got their green tinted specs on.

2 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

It's the usual Hibs love-in. Until they beat a bang average Hearts team last night they were in 7th place I think so, as you say, none of their team could have been that good. McGeouch is 24 so not exactly a youngster so a couple of good games for a mid table team in their first season in the top flight in years isn't - or shouldn't - going to be enough to get into the international set up and I'd suggest anyone who thinks otherwise, like Tam McManus, has got their green tinted specs on.

Agree 100%. 

Mcgeouchs had terrible injury problems most of his career and is now getting a run of games, not saying he should be in the squad at all but u cant hold his age against him as he hast had a consistent run of games. he has had two good games against celtic twice recently and in a high profile game last night so he is getting some hype because of that nothing more. lets see how he fairs over the rest of the season. 

SJM was a standout again last night and should be starting the next friendly however.  could do worse than look at paul hanlon as well considering how poor our options are center half. 

54 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

Mcgeouchs had terrible injury problems most of his career and is now getting a run of games, not saying he should be in the squad at all but u cant hold his age against him as he hast had a consistent run of games. he has had two good games against celtic twice recently and in a high profile game last night so he is getting some hype because of that nothing more. lets see how he fairs over the rest of the season. 

SJM was a standout again last night and should be starting the next friendly however.  could do worse than look at paul hanlon as well considering how poor our options are center half. 

Hanlon could do a job for us, I remember McGeouch playing in a friendly for Celtic against Real Madrid a few years ago and looked decent

A wee spell of form at hearts or hibs should not be enough to get you in to the Scotland team as who are you playing against?  I remember the shout for Jamie walker a year ago... never a Scotland player yet.  A season of standing out in one of these teams then maybe you are knocking at the door.