Tom Cairney - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tom Cairney

gaz7

I have read a lot about this boy but not really seen him in a full game only highlights previously and always thought he looked good. I watched him last night vision Brentford in a championship game and I am astounded he is nowhere near the squad. The boy is the main man for Fulham and everything goes through him I lost count of the amount of chances he created and also scored at the end. This boy will be in as soon as Strachan is out. Anyone else seen enough to comment,

Also saw the game last night and wasnt surprised at how well Cairney played . I went to the Leeds v Fulham game earlier in the season and he ran the show that night . I read his managers comments today in the paper and he said Cairney was a premiership player and was expecting bids from EPL clubs in January . Would add a lot to our team . Got to be in the squad at least 

1 minute ago, LewisEDI said:

i think there has to be more to this than strachan just not picking him on footballing ability, considering gauld, mcgregor, amstrong etc being in the squad over the last couple of years.

Like what ?

He's hardly likely to have switched to England.

2 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

i think there has to be more to this than strachan just not picking him on footballing ability, considering gauld, mcgregor, amstrong etc being in the squad over the last couple of years.

You could have a point there as whilst I have not seen a lot of him, Strachan has called Mcdonald into squad so he must have seen him while watching fulham who I felt looked big and slow.