What is your tipping point? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What is your tipping point?

Chief

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tipping points:-

Home Games - Lithuania 2016 WCQ. Utter shyte, no more to be said. Over priced accommodation in Glesga, crap atmosphere, crap       manager & crap team.

Away games - After years of following Scotland away I'd had enough after the Wales & Belgium Double Header WCQ 2012. Would rather spend my money going on holiday in the sun for a week. Mind you have had some brilliant laughs along the way.

Can't honestly see me going to another Scotland game for a while after GS being backed up100% by the clowns at the SFA. Any other job in the World he'd have been fired long ago. Laughing stock.

Think I posted on this thread last month saying I was in 2 minds about trying for an England ticket but I had train and hotel booked so I went albeit with no enthusiasm whatsoever.  At half time I said if it got to 3-0 I would walk and I was good to my word even though in fairness I have seen a lot worse over the years.  It was the first time I have ever left any game early but I think the real tipping point was the game last month which was total garbage.  I still have a season ticket but hoping someone else will use it and I can't see me going to an away game for a long time.

• 1 month later...

Haven't read the whole thread but I suspect my tipping point was the same as many others. When the Czechs scored in the infamous 6-4-0 game.

The only away game I've been to since was Wembley and that was only because I was on a corporate fat cat junket.

i did have flights and a ticket booked for Dublin and I planned to go out and join Jersey Jim who had headed out the previous day, but My flight from Jersey was cancelled. 

Dint get me wrong I still watch every game on the telly but I barely feel the pain when we inevitably phuk up.

i did go to the Poland home game as I was in Glasgow and I did feel the pain when Poland equalised, but only because I'd failed to compute that Ireland's win over Germany rendered it pointless anyway.