Why Scotland Lost - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Scotland Lost

The Scottish horse has been led to water.

Sadly, it is still too scared to drink.

A few good kicks is needed to make it start drinking.

Unfortunately, I think Scotland's cowardice will be rewarded with a good thrashing.

Only then will Scotland enter the family of nations.

Not with head held high.

But with erse well skelpt!

Sad.

[Thank you Mr. Salmond for leading us to water. Sadly, only Mr. Cameron will make us drink.]

And thank you one and all who voted with hope over fear :ok:

We sadly lost because of currency....

Had us by the baws

Was a factor. Got quite a few friends and colleagues who couldn't get past this despite me trying to reassure them. A few admitted to being "terrified" about what would happen to their mortgages.

Having said that it's the pensioner vote that's decided the result, sadly being taken in by the pensions scare stories.

The saddest thing for me this morning was listening to No voters on the radio and none of them said they voted that way because they believed in the union.

Edited by Jaggy Jim

We didn't lose. This wasn't about winning or losing, it was about creating a better future for Scotland. Sadly, due to a flood of british bias flooding into Scotland over the airwaves, satellite etc the majority of our people have become mind numbed zombies. "Will I still get eastenders and coronation street after independence" were questions asked. The BBC didn't help either with their constant propaganda aimed at the braindead. "The Scottish Sun"? anyone who falls for that................................ This was a referendum in which the majority put their own interests first not even thinking that it was about Scotland as a nation. This is a trait that has been handed down from our southern neighbours.

I was optimistic before the vote but still sort of knew that it was going to turn out bad for us. I had a difficult day at work trying to explain to the swiss and other nationalities why we still think of ourselves as not capable of running our own show. A swiss newspaper had scotland as being in the 20th richest countries list if we had voted yes. As britain isn't in that list I think we are being ripped off somewhere. Ok thats enough. Just a Scotsman abroads view.

Aye. Funereal is the atmosphere today. Well done folks, your pension is safe - this year, maybe next - but our collective doing is coming down the pipes at a rate of knots.

I am off to invest in private healthcare and revel in the misery of youse plebs.

(Ah'm no really - cannae afford it :( )

Edited by Armchair Bob

we lost because we failed to convince the middle classes of the huge opportunities they had from independence. If anyone would have benefitted it would have been them. We only needed to get 190k Nos to say Yes and if the middle classes had understood the huge economic opportunity we would have won it at a canter.

The grassroots campaign worked for the working classes and deprived. We needed a strategy from the top for that demographic and they failed to provide it.