2032 Or 2028 Potential Years Of The Big Yes! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2032 Or 2028 Potential Years Of The Big Yes!

2014 indyref is over, Scottish elections 2016,2021,2026. What's people's thoughts on the future? My view is 2016 another rainbow parliament stitches up coalitions to stop Sturgeon taking control, 2021 SNP(or what ever the pro indy movement looks like) back in charge but takes a gradulist approach of gaining trust of fighting for Scotland before gaining a bigger win in 2026 with promise of another referendum to a number then disenchanted scottish nation. By then Scottish MPs will be basically second class citizens at Westminster and promises will have been broken by then so hopefully and god willing no fear will prevail and we will be free! Until then regroup and..... HOLD.....HOLD.....HOLD...

If the vows are not implemented in full and timeously, the referendum has been fought on a false premise. I would say that would justify rerunning the vote (wouldn't need a long campaign like this time). there is absolutely no chance of the vows being implemented. I'm sure Salmond knows that.

well lets see what happens with the vote on europe. surely a vote to take the uk out of europe would cause a constitiutional crisis up here? are we not as a country very pro-europe?

I'd like to believe that but in the end I think we'll end up being whatever the media wants us to be. The only reason Scotland wasn't more UKIP for the euro elections was because of the influence of the indyref.

Guest Extreme0

If the vows are not implemented in full and timeously, the referendum has been fought on a false premise. I would say that would justify rerunning the vote (wouldn't need a long campaign like this time). there is absolutely no chance of the vows being implemented. I'm sure Salmond knows that.

If we do get another referendum.

For the love of god. Do not have Salmond be the guy to lead it. Have someone who is liked by both sides and someone who is down to earth on negotiating deals before and during the referendum.