Competitive football is back - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Competitive football is back

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Firstly it's not a "random go at Aberdeen" as I already said. All the Scottish teams moan about this including Rangers in the past.

Why did they need 6 weeks off? To let injuries calm down? So what you're saying is that these teams need to have all of their players fully rested and fully match fit for these games? 

And there is no one to play against other than all the other teams also preparing for European football, obviously? 

These are all just excuses. If there are problems then solve them. If that means summer football or winter shutdowns etc then make the changes. 

The repetition every season of te same excuses for Scottish teams being pish in Europe's early stages isn't good enough. 

I'm assuming we all want Scottish football to improve and for our teams to progress in Europe, so we should stop accepting the lazy excuses.

You're doing well in ranting about it.

Any solutions ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

What's your solution?

I don't need one, I gave my reasons.

It's yer bluenose mate that's ranting illogically. I want him to give answers.

Guest BlueGaz
38 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I don't need one, I gave my reasons.

It's yer bluenose mate that's ranting illogically. I want him to give answers.

I think every team should get 4 weeks off and Rangers should get 6 weeks off.  We deserve it.  Its only fair.  Scotlands pride and we should be nurtured back to our rightful position at the top of Scottish football so that we can challenge in Europe, for the good of all in Scotland.  So if you all come back 4 weeks early, you can be available to provide us with friendlies when we come back.  Makes sense. 

40 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I think every team should get 4 weeks off and Rangers should get 6 weeks off.  We deserve it.  Its only fair.  Scotlands pride and we should be nurtured back to our rightful position at the top of Scottish football so that we can challenge in Europe, for the good of all in Scotland.  So if you all come back 4 weeks early, you can be available to provide us with friendlies when we come back.  Makes sense. 

I think that's only fair and reasonable for all concerned :ok:

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

You're doing well in ranting about it.

Any solutions ?

I don't know if they're solutions but they could try planning the pre-season more effectively. If theres a 6 week break, they only need to give the players 2 weeks off but with an exercise and diet plan.

They can go somewhere sunny for their training camp and quite easily find competitive type games if they go to a place that has summer football. 

Think that answers most of your excuses.

Also if they have a squad then not every player will be in peak condition at any point. So use the squad instead of just the same 16 players. Then you can let injured players recover properly.

None of this is difficult but our teams continually make it look like it's feckin rocket science. 

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Funnily enough we organised that for ourselves this summer. ?

27 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't know if they're solutions but they could try planning the pre-season more effectively. If theres a 6 week break, they only need to give the players 2 weeks off but with an exercise and diet plan.

They can go somewhere sunny for their training camp and quite easily find competitive type games if they go to a place that has summer football. 

Think that answers most of your excuses.

Also if they have a squad then not every player will be in peak condition at any point. So use the squad instead of just the same 16 players. Then you can let injured players recover properly.

None of this is difficult but our teams continually make it look like it's feckin rocket science. 

What kind of player will be at their best getting only 6 weeks off in every 156 weeks?

2 hours ago, deecie said:

What kind of player will be at their best getting only 6 weeks off in every 156 weeks?

Ryan '50 caps' Jack of course. The guy's destined for things. 

2 hours ago, deecie said:

Try reading the 2nd last paragraph in my post where I point this out. I agree. That's why you have a squad.

Also who says the players can only play when they are at their peak?

Utterly ridiculous point you've failed to make here.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Try reading the 2nd last paragraph in my post where I point this out. I agree. That's why you have a squad.

I'll have to pass on your kind offer.

Thanks for your input though.

Sensible solution is something we all said again and again. 16 team league, possibly a winter break? Get finished end of april, cup final at start of may, get at least 4 or 5 weeks break before pre season. The teams getting very little breaks is partially down to uefa inviting anyone and everyone into the europa n champions league to elimanate the riff raff. 

6 hours ago, daddybuc16 said:

Sensible solution is something we all said again and again. 16 team league, possibly a winter break? Get finished end of april, cup final at start of may, get at least 4 or 5 weeks break before pre season. The teams getting very little breaks is partially down to uefa inviting anyone and everyone into the europa n champions league to elimanate the riff raff. 

How are you paying for a 30 game league season?

On 01/07/2016 at 8:02 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

I give you Chic Charnley.  Possibly was never at his peak, but what a player! 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

How are you paying for a 30 game league season?

The Blue Pound.   Rangers B, Rangers U21 and Rangers 19s and the weans team all automatically promoted to the SPFL Premiership.    Get shot of the sub-4000:- Hamilton, Thistle, Ross County and Inverness.    

Hypothetically starting our season in mid July or earlier is a great idea.

We may see a difference in the reality of this, as I suspect squads will be a long way from complete, as it just doesn't fit the football calendar.

6 hours ago, OLAS said:

I give you Chic Charnley.  Possibly was never at his peak, but what a player! 

Pretty much proves my point. Some players (Sturridge)  obviously think they need to be fully fit to perform at all. Others are more realistic and will actually just get on with their job.

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Pretty much proves my point. Some players (Sturridge)  obviously think they need to be fully fit to perform at all. Others are more realistic and will actually just get on with their job.

I'm not sure that anyone knows what point you're trying to make, to be honest.