hebrides bar - TA Clubs, Social, Charities - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

hebrides bar

I am just wondering if the hebrides bar is still open as some of us are coming through to edinburgh on june 18th for a day out.We are looking for a pub to go to and watch the euro game which i think is the irish against belguim.Any help is appreciated :)

I think a work colleague told me she was there a few months back but it wasn't showing the Scotland game (one of the recent friendlies) . Very good TA pub but I don't think it's ever been good for TVs and football coverage.

Edited by fringo

Cheers fringo is there any other pubs around the same area that will show the game or are decent.Its been a while since i was through edinburgh on the piss apart from easter road.

Standing Order in George Street has a big screen and is a Wotherspoons so cheap drink and good selection  - only 5 min walk up from Station - good strating point  to get pissed before going to more expensive establishments - google it

The Heb is a good pub with music at night but has a small tele and  is full with 20/30 people in it .

20 hours ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Cheers fringo is there any other pubs around the same area that will show the game or are decent.Its been a while since i was through edinburgh on the piss apart from easter road.

Not sure these days but a couple of the ones mentioned about would do the trick.

IMO a very decent central bar for a few pints is is still Cafe Royal but I don't think they tend to show football.

3 hours ago, jimstroma said:

Sportsters is only 50m away, plenty of screens to watch game. You can then do a wee pub crawl Doric, Heb.....

Recommend booking tables for food if there's a crowd of you,that way your your guaranteed all to be  together .pubs bound to be busy

Cheers lads i think we are just going through for the bar and if folk want food they can get a chippy.:mellow: What about the guildford arms as its been recommended.