Vinyl TV Show - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 hours ago, TartanJon said:

Three episodes in and it's on it's way to being the best TV show I have ever seen.

if you haven't been watching it then you need to catch up.

Huvnae watched it simply because I thought it would be a rock and roll version of empire/nashville 

6 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

It's decent but it's not in the same league as Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad.

like the cameos with real life artists such as Alice Cooper and a nice little tease of the birth of hip hop with DJ Kool Herc 

Was Breaking Bad that series where an old guy with cancer became drug dealing partners with the worst actor in the history of acting and they killed a whole Mexican drug cartel and fooled the DEA ,FBI & CIA ?

13 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Surely not!?  It's 2016 man -  you watching it on Betamax or something?

Just never got round to it.  Started watching it a couple of times and never got passed the second episode.  My mate has been banging on about it for years so as I've recently got Net Flix I thought I may as well give it another go.  It's OK but I've yet to see what all the fuss is about although I'm informed season 2 is when it kicks in.

30 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Just never got round to it.  Started watching it a couple of times and never got passed the second episode.  My mate has been banging on about it for years so as I've recently got Net Flix I thought I may as well give it another go.  It's OK but I've yet to see what all the fuss is about although I'm informed season 2 is when it kicks in.

Season 1&2 are actually alright but 3,4 and 5 are bit over the top bordering on Scooby Doo ####in ridiculous.I can say hand on heart I've never been so disappointed in a show after watching the first two seasons and listening to what people were saying about it having seen all five.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Save yourself the time and don't bother.

Breaking Bad is, by a comfortable margin, the most over-hyped programme in the history of television. 

2 hours ago, TartanJon said:

Season 1&2 are actually alright but 3,4 and 5 are bit over the top bordering on Scooby Doo ####in ridiculous.I can say hand on heart I've never been so disappointed in a show after watching the first two seasons and listening to what people were saying about it having seen all five.

Each to their own but I totally disagree. Only criticism is that the final series was a bit rushed. 

So many great characters apart from Walt and Jesse. 

Mike, Hank, Gus, Tucco, Skinny P and Badger. 

Wasnt that taken on Saul Goodman and Better Call Saul is so so. 

Not seen Vinyl so can't comment, although based on the talent involved and the trailer I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I'm sort of in the middle re Breaking Bad, it really wasn't as good as the hype, but it was still, on the whole, very good TV.  Not consistent across all 5 series, very few series are, but when it was good it was very, very good. I found it increasingly difficult to have any sympathy at all for Walt by about half way through, other than that he a was married to one of the most annoying characters ever in Skyler. I really liked Saul as a character, which is why, I suppose I am so enjoying Better Call Saul.

At the moment I'm finally getting round to watching Fargo (at Episode 6 of the first series) slipped under the new radar for me until now for some reason.

Edited by Pool Q

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I found it increasingly difficult to have any sympathy at all for Walt by about half way through, other than that he a was married to one of the most annoying characters ever in Skyler.

I'm about 10 episodes in and she's already doing my tits in.

1 hour ago, Only One Stop said:

I meant that Walt and Jesse were great characters as well. 

Think it deserves every bit of hype it gets, best TV series in my opinion but maybe some folk expecting more from it. 

It jumped the shark when Walt,a meek maths teacher dying of cancer, started taking out a whole drug cartel on his own.

The first two seasons where the two bumbling idiots are trying to make and punt their own gear is far more enjoyable,IMO it went from I totally dig this to WTF is this shit rather too quickly,it was same in the last series of Downton.

BTW the lad playing Jesse is rotten at acting

Edited by TartanJon

8 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Really wish I hadn't opened this thread as I've just started Series 2 of Breaking Bad. :mad:

FTFY

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Just never got round to it.  Started watching it a couple of times and never got passed the second episode.  My mate has been banging on about it for years so as I've recently got Net Flix I thought I may as well give it another go.  It's OK but I've yet to see what all the fuss is about although I'm informed series 2 is when it kicks in.

FTFY

7 hours ago, TartanJon said:

Series 1&2 are actually alright but 3,4 and 5 are bit over the top bordering on Scooby Doo ####in ridiculous.I can say hand on heart I've never been so disappointed in a show after watching the first two series and listening to what people were saying about it having seen all five.

FTFY

24 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

It jumped the shark when Walt,a meek maths teacher dying of cancer, started taking out a whole drug cartel on his own.

The first two series where the two bumbling idiots are trying to make and punt their own gear is far more enjoyable,IMO it went from I totally dig this to WTF is this shit rather too quickly,it was same in the last series of Downton.

BTW the lad playing Jesse is rotten at acting

Your half way there bro!