What Routes Are People Taking? - Page 7 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Routes Are People Taking?

wanderer

Just booked today

31st Aug

Glasgow-Heathrow-Istanbul British Airways on airmiles

1st Sep

Istanbul - Tbilisi with Atlasjet

Same return on Sunday.

All for £110 return

Airmiles ! You lucky so and so. Most expensive trip by a country mile for me.

It will be worth every penny though i am sure.

In GOrD we trust

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasgow- Amsterdam

Amsterdam-Riga

Riga-Tbilisi

-------------------------------------

Coming back

Tbilisi-Istanbul

Istanbul-Amsterdam

Amsterdam- Glasgow

We're doing that journey heading out - night in Amsterdam, 4/5 hours in Riga then Tbilisi at stupid o'clock...

Same journey back as well but less waiting about...

Booked via Turkish airways yesterday. Thursday 1150 - Edinburgh - Istanbul - Tbilisi 0325 Friday morning, back same route 7am sunday to Istanbul ,day/night sightseeing Istanbul ,Monday 7am Istanbul - Edinburgh 1050.

Hame for a wee kip then back thru to hampden for Germany game. £440

Turkey v Holland on sunday night, might go to game or watch in bar ,should add a bit spice to trip.

We managed to get the flights at around £310, which was quite good. Spending an overnight at London Stansted before the journey begins. Travelling back straight after the game has finished.

So our itinerary is:

1st September

Edinburgh - Stansted : 1845 - 2005

2nd September

Stansted - Riga : 0625 - 1105

Riga - Tbilisi : 2325 - 0355

5th September

Tbilisi - Riga : 0440 - 0715

Riga - Stansted : 1130 - 1215

Stansted - Edinburgh : 2030 - 2150

B)

Edited by rossh

Booked up now. Gatwick - Kiev, Kiev - Baku Ukranian Airways on 15th August. Three days in Baku then train to Georgia, arriving Tiblisi 1st Sept. Tiblisi - Istanbul - Gatwick on 6th Sept to get back for the Germany game.

Azerbaijan visas £100, though may be cheaper if you get a travel agent in Baku to do it for you. Was at the Embassy in London yesterday; not very helpful just said get the visa on line and you need a letter of introduction as well; hotel reservation confirmation will do. Also have to register with the polis if your staying more than three days. Expensive and lot of hassle I know but probably only chance I'll have to have a pint in Az unless we get Khasakastan next draw up.

Booked up now. Gatwick - Kiev, Kiev - Baku Ukranian Airways on 15th August. Three days in Baku then train to Georgia, arriving Tiblisi 1st Sept. Tiblisi - Istanbul - Gatwick on 6th Sept to get back for the Germany game.

Azerbaijan visas £100, though may be cheaper if you get a travel agent in Baku to do it for you. Was at the Embassy in London yesterday; not very helpful just said get the visa on line and you need a letter of introduction as well; hotel reservation confirmation will do. Also have to register with the polis if your staying more than three days. Expensive and lot of hassle I know but probably only chance I'll have to have a pint in Az unless we get Khasakastan next draw up.

Or get Azerbaijan in the next draw.

J

Goodluck !

Good effort :ok:

Not my route anymore. Now doing the following:

27 Aug: Heathrow to Moscow, BA; 4 days there (hoping to get to a CSKA/Spartak/Dynamo game on the Saturday)

31 Aug: Moscow to Yerevan, S7; 2 days there

2 Sep: Yerevan to Tbilisi, Wanderer's happy bus; 3 days there

5 Sep: Tbilisi to Kiev, Ukraine Airlines; 2 days there

7 Sep: Kiev to Heathrow, BA

Then to the pub in Cheltenham to watch the Germany game.

Can't bloody wait!

What day do you return ally ?

Outward journey is a cracker, hope its with same airline or you have left plenty time between flights.

Hope to see you over there.

You owe me a pint ! Lol

Ha ha yeah I probably do

Yeah the Hamburg-Riga-tibisi is all with the same airlines so will be fine

Back on the Saturday morning, out at 4am after the game

Edited by hannibal smith