Wanky Fitba' Phrases - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wanky Fitba' Phrases

At today's game between bradford pa and Halifax there is going to be SOFT SEGREGATION what a wanky phrase 

I asked a club official what it means and he said that because there are no fixed barriers inside of the ground and most of our fans enter the ground from the main entrance they are encouraging halifax fans to enter from the opposite end.

Ian

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hoofitharder said:

At today's game between bradford pa and Halifax there is going to be SOFT SEGREGATION what a wanky phrase 

I asked a club official what it means and he said that because there are no fixed barriers inside of the ground and most of our fans enter the ground from the main entrance they are encouraging halifax fans to enter from the opposite end.

Ian

There's an alternative meaning of 'soft' in Yorkshire - stupid. That's probably what it really means. Basically, they are saying "we'd quite like it if you stand with your mates & don't annoy t'other lot."

34 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

There's an alternative meaning of 'soft' in Yorkshire - stupid. That's probably what it really means. Basically, they are saying "we'd quite like it if you stand with your mates & don't annoy t'other lot."

That's probably right.at first they said they were going to segregate the Halifax fans so I had a ked how do you segregate a 1000 from 300 I just got blank looks

Ian

2 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

That's probably right.at first they said they were going to segregate the Halifax fans so I had a ked how do you segregate a 1000 from 300 I just got blank looks

Ian

Should be a good game anyway that one - or at least a good atmosphere. I have a good mate who has a BPA season ticket & I've see Town play pre-season there once or twice. I once helped organise a homeless sports day at the Horsfall as well so have a soft spot for the place.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

So Jags v Fake Thistle today.

A point each - where on earth did the other four go then?

Same place as the 2 sets of the other 2 points each team dropped for not winning.

Easy.