Alan Hutton - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alan Hutton

TartanJon

My how our supporters are fickle.

I vividly recall Hutton frequently being dubbed the white Cafu by supporters on here. Now that his career for Scotland it is met with hilarity and joy.

Likewise, Levein was ripped apart for not building bridges to get Steven Fletcher back in the side on here. Now look how that worm has turned.

My how our supporters are fickle.

I vividly recall Hutton frequently being dubbed the white Cafu by supporters on here. Now that his career for Scotland it is met with hilarity and joy.

Likewise, Levein was ripped apart for not building bridges to get Steven Fletcher back in the side on here. Now look how that worm has turned.[/quote

There was a time when Hutton was performing well you know?

It's got all to do with being fickle and everything to do with being able to see what's happening in front of you. If someone is performing, they deserve praise, if they aren't, they don't.

I don't rate Fletcher btw but thought he did well last night.

It is though maybe not in everyones case but Hutton was once frequently hailed as the white Cafu by our fans but now he has announced his retirement there is wild excitement. No word of thanks for his service clocking up almost 50 caps over the years in which fans lsuded him at times. Dont you find that odd? Sure he has struggled of late but he had his moments as well. His Scotland career is over so lets not be one-eyed and remember many rated him highly amongst our support.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

It is though maybe not in everyones case but Hutton was once frequently hailed as the white Cafu by our fans but now he has announced his retirement there is wild excitement. No word of thanks for his service clocking up almost 50 caps over the years in which fans lsuded him at times. Dont you find that odd? Sure he has struggled of late but he had his moments as well. His Scotland career is over so lets not be one-eyed and remember many rated him highly amongst our support.

Did you read the original post ?

Not really no and I think you are now making an entirely different point.

I think it's more to do with the disappointment today. If any one of the senior players had announced their retirement today it would be met with similar apathy IMO.

Hutton has been a good servant and will definitely go with my best wishes but as said above he has been poor for a while And I think it's fair to say it's time for him to step away. That, to me, is nothing to do with fans being fickle. It's not like he had only had one bad game is it?

Yes we agree on that. And the fact he gets pilloried is more evidence that we aint as good as our fans like to think. We have players across the pitch regularly panned as not being up to it and that says a lot.

I'm not sure we've really tried anything else at right back. Asides Bardsley and Whittaker, has anyone ever been given a chance?

He offers a body going forward, but is defensively suspect and offensively useless.

I'm not sure we've really tried anything else at right back. Asides Bardsley and Whittaker, has .anyone ever been given a chance?

He offers a body going forward, but is defensively suspect and offensively useless.

This. When was anyone else given a chance at right back?. He is a complete liability from a defensive point of view. I've not seen it again but the two footed 'tackle' about summed him up of late for me.

He used to get away with due to his pace going forward but seems to have lost a bit of that now.

Btw CC so did I :) I wouldn't be gutted if he walked away now though. Same goes for A couple of others.

Oh dont get me wrong I think now may be the time for him to quit but I wouldnt derive great pleasure or revel in it.

I have absolutely nothing against him. I would however welcome the opportunity to freshen up the defence and add some potency going forward.

Let him get 50 caps and then thank him for his time.