U21 V France - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 V France

er yir macaroon

I'd like to see this game given plenty of media attention. We need to put pressure on these players to see how they can perform against what will be top players. Can Fraser, Gauld, Souttar, Christie etc stand out or at least not look woefully inferior? Are they anywhere near the full side? Throw us a frickin' bone here!

Those 4 mentioned should make the grade. They are talented and appear grounded. Also, once fit, Harper should get proper game time at Brighton and Robertson, despite a recent dip in form will only get better. Throw in Ryan Jack as well. We aren't that bad, a good performance from the u21 side will help to ease some of the disappointment.

Ten years ago we had a really good crop of youngsters under Rainer Bonhof, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher, Riordan, O'Connor, Stewart, Maloney, McFadden, Gordon. All of a similar age and I thought they would prove to be basis of a really decent Scotland team sadly injury, immaturity or just not good enough. Hopefully this current group will fare better, I do think that someof tem shoudl be fast forwarded as much as the likes of Hutton, Fletcher and Whittaker have served Scotland faithfully I don't think they've got much more to offer going forward although Darren might be useful round the squad as a senior statesman /role model.