St Pauli V Nuremberg - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Pauli V Nuremberg

Going over to Hamburg for my birthday at the end of November and fancy taking in the St Pauli game.

I've heard from a few lads that St Pauli is a big of a big to buy tickets for, anyone know how true this is? And possibly the best way of going about getting tickets?

Any advice on Hamburg for a weekend away with a group of lads also welcome....

Going over to Hamburg for my birthday at the end of November and fancy taking in the St Pauli game.

I've heard from a few lads that St Pauli is a big of a big to buy tickets for, anyone know how true this is? And possibly the best way of going about getting tickets?

Presume it's the game on the 29th November against Nuremburg you're looking at.

According to the St. Pauli web-site, there's an advance sale for members starting on the 29th Sept., with a public sale commencing on 1st October at 10am. Ticketing website is here.

Just hame from living there for 18 months don't know about St pauli tickets but went to see HSV a good few times easy enough to get tickets through the official website as for getting in places with a group of boys you'll have no problem

Has anyone ever went to see fifth tier Hamburg side Altona 93? I've had a few copies of their club fanzine and their editor contributed to the second edition of the Scotland Epistles. The fanzine is half in English and half in German because there's a lot of Supporters from the UK particularly Dulwich Hamlet fans.

have been to the ground but did not see a game Edited by bonzo

Has anyone ever went to see fifth tier Hamburg side Altona 93? I've had a few copies of their club fanzine and their editor contributed to the second edition of the Scotland Epistles. The fanzine is half in English and half in German because there's a lot of Supporters from the UK particularly Dulwich Hamlet fans.

Read a good article on them ages ago.

Are they not the "new" St Pauli or something after a number of hard core St Pauli fans felt the club had gone far to commercial over recent years, and switched to Altona, who were always viewed as St Pauli little brother club?

I'm not sure if maybe a Thistle like team is a better description but they certainly did have a rise in supporters mainly from St.Pauli who were fed up with the club. They also adopted Thistle's song of old; producing stickers with F the Pope and F the Queen. The Pope was Uwe Seeler a Hamburg legend and the Queen was the owner of St. Pauli who was a well known Thespian / Theatre Lovey in Germany.

Cheers lads from what I hear should be a cracking weekend. Had the mixed reviews with the rieperbahn but by all accounts it's something that needs to be tried at least once. Going Friday - Monday so should have plenty time for everything

Altona 93 are at home that weekend as well (29/11) so if we're struggling for St Pauli tickets that will probably be a second option.

Cheers for the help min, much appreciated :wink2:

I was in Hamburg in 2013 and saw St. Pauli v FSV Frankfurt, I arrived in Hamburg on the Friday afternoon, game was on the Saturday at around 1pm, I just went up to the ticket office at the stadium on the Friday afternoon and bought tickets there and then no problem, it was a great atmosphere in the ground, St. Pauli won 2-1 I think, great been able to have a beer at your seat :-)

I was in Hamburg in 2013 and saw St. Pauli v FSV Frankfurt, I arrived in Hamburg on the Friday afternoon, game was on the Saturday at around 1pm, I just went up to the ticket office at the stadium on the Friday afternoon and bought tickets there and then no problem, it was a great atmosphere in the ground, St. Pauli won 2-1 I think, great been able to have a beer at your seat :-)

I was at that game...did ye not see the Scotland flag behind the goals?

Ye might also have seen a Saltire in the FSV end, that wis Ulli, Frankfurt Tartan Army.