Family Section - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Family Section

Andy North Croy

Noticed last night, as in previous games, that the "Family" section was awash wae some seriously foul-mouthed/drunken idiots, none of whom seemed to have any under 16's in their company.

Now this isn't really too bad for me as my laddie is 15 but ah feel sorry for folk wae younger kids who are subjected to language straight fae the gutter and scared tae complain due to the perceived abuse they might get in return.

Please guys if you're in this section, for whatever reason, have a wee look around at who is sitting near you.

Just an observation......

The section we were in was quite good, there was the odd expletive but nothing too bad. (Nothing worse than my kids hear on occasion while I am driving!) Everyone in front of us sat down so we were ok but I did notice lots of other areas in the "Family Stand" where folk were standing up.

Celtic park on the other hand was a flecking joke. Our kids missed half the Ireland and England games because of persistent standing in front of them. One lad just kept standing up and waving a massive flag that got in everyone’s way.

The SFA should have a rule that adult tickets bought in the family must be sold with a child ticket. They won't sell a child ticket without an adult’s one so it should be easy enough to set up.

A mate of mine who has regularly attended games for the last 30 years and now has two wee boys (4 & 6 years old) was in the family section on Monday night. He had to spend the whole night holding the boys up above his head as they couldn't see anything as all the rows in front were full of adults, with no kids, who stood for the whole game. He also said he had some unsavoury pr*cks behind him who kept falling onto and standing on the kids seats.

Having spent the best part of 10 years going in the East stand, I didnt see much issues other than the usual kind of bawbags trying to stand halfway down the East stand when everyone was sitting. It usually was the case that they were pished up wee hard men wanting a reaction, to which they normally did.

Swearing wasnt too bad to be fair.

I had my wee boy (6 years old) with me on Monday and luckily he had the seat right beside the aisle where the East stand met the North so he could see most of the match ok.

There was one guy behind us who went a bit far with the abuse he was shouting but it would be hypocritical of me to bring that up seeing had a few wee swears myself. :oops:

There was one guy behind us who went a bit far with the abuse he was shouting but it would be hypocritical of me to bring that up seeing had a few wee swears myself. :oops:

Ha, same here. Let slip the odd ffs but was trying to be good.