Parking For Germany Game - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking For Germany Game

GordonC

northernscum, on 08 Sept 2015 - 5:58 PM, said:

Having parked where I mentioned earlier in this thread... Jessie Street, just off Polmadie road in an industrial estate, I landed a parking ticket last night.

I have parked here for the last half a dozen Hampden games without any issue, no yellow lines, no signs. Anyone think this is worth arguing the toss over? Any chancer firms out there pretending to be genuine parking enforcement?

We parked at an industrial bit on Hamilton Street. Just managed to squeeze in to a space and avoid blocking a roller shutter door but had no issues at all.

We parked at an industrial bit on Hamilton Street. Just managed to squeeze in to a space and avoid blocking a roller shutter door but had no issues at all.

Done exactly that in Calder Street, no ticket :) Jessie Street seemed to have cones at the top end, never park there as you have to cut across traffic on way out

Having parked where I mentioned earlier in this thread... Jessie Street, just off Polmadie road in an industrial estate, I landed a parking ticket last night.

I have parked here for the last half a dozen Hampden games without any issue, no yellow lines, no signs. Anyone think this is worth arguing the toss over? Any chancer firms out there pretending to be genuine parking enforcement?

Who has left you the ticket? Private firm?

We parked in the Garage/valet centre on Aitkenhead Rd. Usually get a space somewhere but given the traffic just opted for here as it was getting close to kick off. £5. Decided to nip up through town on way home rather than sit in the queue and it was no bother at .

Who has left you the ticket? Private firm?

We parked in the Garage/valet centre on Aitkenhead Rd. Usually get a space somewhere but given the traffic just opted for here as it was getting close to kick off. £5. Decided to nip up through town on way home rather than sit in the queue and it was no bother at .

I have looking into it since and it seems to be a legit ticket. It has "Glasgow parking" on a green and yellow plastic pouch stuck under the windscreen wiper. It just all looked a bit amateurish compared to any parking tickets I have had in the past.

Weird thing is that there were no signs, yellow lines, just a few random cones on the other side of the road outside an empty wrecked industrial building (every window smashed in and looks like it has not been used for years!)

I have used the exact same place for the last few games and never an issue, so was it just because it was a sell out? Dunno!

I have looking into it since and it seems to be a legit ticket. It has "Glasgow parking" on a green and yellow plastic pouch stuck under the windscreen wiper. It just all looked a bit amateurish compared to any parking tickets I have had in the past.

Weird thing is that there were no signs, yellow lines, just a few random cones on the other side of the road outside an empty wrecked industrial building (every window smashed in and looks like it has not been used for years!)

I have used the exact same place for the last few games and never an issue, so was it just because it was a sell out? Dunno!

Don't be fooled by the packaging mate. A lot of these Private Firms use official looking plastic wallets and send letters with legal jargon in them. They are unenforceable and all the effectively doing is sending you an invoice. My Mrs works at Forth Valley Hospital and the ers have even started it there. i reckon she has had 30+ tickets over the last few years. Other than two threatening letters about two years ago she has never heard a dink.

Obviously I don;t want you to get in bother so make sure it's not been the Council or Polis that have issued it. Better still can you post a pic of it? Defo don't give them your details though m8.

Good info on the subject here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

Edited by Angus_Young

ha no worries m8.

Should be fairly obvious from who it's from right enough. What are the company calling themselves out of interest?

"Issued by City parking (Glasgow) LLP on behalf of Glasgow city Council", is what it says on the ticket itself.

The phone number on the plastic envelope does correspond to Glasgow parking enforcement when i googled it, but i think i will just phone the council directly and ask them to verify if it is kosher or not.

"Issued by City parking (Glasgow) LLP on behalf of Glasgow city Council", is what it says on the ticket itself.

The phone number on the plastic envelope does correspond to Glasgow parking enforcement when i googled it, but i think i will just phone the council directly and ask them to verify if it is kosher or not.

This lot? http://www.cityparkingglasgow.co.uk/

Worth looking into a bit further. They say they are a subsidiary of GCC so not sure where you stand with that. Just try not to give too much away when you ring them. Definitely don't say who was driving or where you got the ticket.