All The Big Games Kick Off At 3Pm This Saturday - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All The Big Games Kick Off At 3Pm This Saturday

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with Big Will in charge, I can't see past a 4/5-0 win for the Famous Aberdeen.

Be good to see them get a proper thread on the Tamb that the people will care about.If they beat the Famous Aberdeen then it might be the biggest

Motherwell related thread in the entire history of the Tamb.

Motherwell have been less shite than the majority of last season so far this.

:)

I think 2-3 years ago, we'd have got the late OG and gone on to win the game v Dundee Utd, and it's a strength Aberdeen have now (when Motherwell were finishing 2nd we had mastered being marginally less shit than the opposition and getting a bit of luck to turn the game in our favour)

It will be interesting to see how both teams approach the game? Is the onus on Aberdeen to attack Motherwell? That probably suits us better.

I'm going to go for 1-1 Aberdeen equalising from a late corner.

Motherwell have been less perfumed discharge than the majority of last season so far this.

:)

I think 2-3 years ago, we'd have got the late OG and gone on to win the game v Dundee Utd, and it's a strength Aberdeen have now (when Motherwell were finishing 2nd we had mastered being marginally less shit than the opposition and getting a bit of luck to turn the game in our favour)

It will be interesting to see how both teams approach the game? Is the onus on Aberdeen to attack Motherwell? That probably suits us better.

I'm going to go for 1-1 Aberdeen equalising from a late corner.

I think we'll dominate you and win 3-0.

We beat Dundee utd with half a team, 48 hours after playing in Kazakhstan. Utd beat you 2-0.

Fir Park has given us a couple of great days in the last couple of years, hopefully another one is in store tomorrow :)

I think we'll dominate you and win 3-0.

We beat Dundee utd with half a team, 48 hours after playing in Kazakhstan. Utd beat you 2-0.

Fir Park has given us a couple of great days in the last couple of years, hopefully another one is in store tomorrow :)

From the sound of things both our games v United were pretty similar, the difference being Aberdeen got the goal in their game, United did in ours. So I don't think you can read too much into that, although to an extent, that's the fine line between 2nd and 11th.

Hopefully our game 12 hours ago in Edinburgh won't have taken too much out of us? We have enough players to rotate a bit middke to front and should be fitter than this time last year (I think I'm fitter than we were this time last year!!!).

Aberdeen are stronger than us at the moment, but I do believe we have players who can hurt teams (Johnson, McDonald, Ainsworth, Thomas).

I'm missing it to do family stuff.

Don't fancy I'll miss anything if I'm realistic.

:(

Edited by sbcmfc

I can see our 3rd 2-0 defeat in a row sadly.

I'll plump for 1-1 though :/

You see the "barraclough out" thread has been resurrected.

:shocked:

I don't know how bad we were at tynecastle, but thought we should've got a point v United and played ok, if a bit flat (everything about that game was a bit flat, atmosphere and performance).

You see the "barraclough out" thread has been resurrected.

:shocked:

I don't know how bad we were at tynecastle, but thought we should've got a point v United and played ok, if a bit flat (everything about that game was a bit flat, atmosphere and performance).

That website should be shut down :lol: Longer highlights on BBC Alba if you are really keen

Is the Dons game being shown on Alba?

Thistle v Killie this weekend

From the sound of things both our games v United were pretty similar, the difference being Aberdeen got the goal in their game, United did in ours. So I don't think you can read too much into that, although to an extent, that's the fine line between 2nd and 11th.

I think describing the 39 points between 2nd and 11th last season as being a "fine line" is a bit ridiculous, to be honest.

I'm looking forward to seeing McLean again tomorrow. He's really coming on to a game.

I think describing the 39 points between 2nd and 11th last season as being a "fine line" is a bit ridiculous, to be honest.

:lol:

I see that, Aberdeen were a much better side than Motherwell last season.

But

Motherwell went from 2nd to 11th with very little turnover in the squad.

I can remember a few games in particular over recent seasons that highlight the fine lines.

The 2-1 defeat at pittodrie last season where Motherwell gave away 2 comedy goals in 2 minutes, that wouldn't have happened in the previous 2-3 years. We'd have held out and won 1-0 or added a 2nd on the counter as the game went on.

We scored a last minute free kick at stmirren to win a game we didn't deserve to 1-0 in 2011/12.

We appeared to scud stjohnstone 3-0 at mcdiarmid park in 2012-13, but the reality was, we went 1-0 up against the run of play and kicked in from there, lucky not to be 1-1 at halftime, go 2-0 up and cruise it from there.

Then there's that last minute goal at pittodrie, that just doesn't happen when you're struggling for confidence, fitness and luck.

There's a lot of psychology involved, it's something that clubs should take more seriously.

Edited by sbcmfc

Aberdeen already look to be a better side than last season.

Obviously I'm cursing things, and obviously we'll have off days, but we have stronger squad and have been consistently solid over the 8 games we've played.

Add to that the fact that it's rare for us not to score no matter how badly we play, and I do believe that we're in a better place than we have been for many a year.

2-0 Motherwell.