Android Box - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be fair, the quality is generally perfumed discharge for live sports streaming.

Look for HD streams (which you can get easily for £10 a month from NTV).

As Parklife (i think) already said, the quality isn't HD, but close to it.

Is there a place that keeps up to date, best streams to use for sports and movies?

A lot of the good stuff should already be installed, but have a look at this: http://www.htpcbeginner.com/best-kodi-addons-2015-for-cordcutters/

Well getting this T8 set up is not proving to be as easy as hoped. It looks like the droidsticks wizard is not installed, and I can't find he ZIP to do it manually!! :angry:

Tech support time!

1. The droidsticks wizard no longer exists, it's the wookie wizard.

2. Did your box not come with instructions on how to set it up?

No mention of wookie wizard in the two sheets of paper or the youtube videos.

Nothing that says wookie installers in video addons or within system settings.

Im not going to have a chance to look at this now until Saturday pm.

Edited by Brummie Hibs

Do you have a username and password?

I'll try and send you set-up instructions via PM tonight.

I have an account that I set up on Droidsticks (Entertainmentbox.com) site when I made the purchase.

Do I need to log in somewhere on Kodi with this account?

Cheers for your assistance.

EDIT: Just found this: http://kodicommunity.com/how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-on-kodi/

Edited by Brummie Hibs

:ok:

That's it.

Once you get the hang of it and know where to find things, it's excellent. Couple of pieces of advice for watching live sports:

For EPL games use the Mega IPTV add-on and select the to NBCSN stream.

For general Sky/BT Sports i'd recommend Vdub add-on.

I believe Sports Donkey add-on now requires an extra fee (i get it through having had an old droidsticks subscription) and it's probably worth it (one off of £34 i think). You'll get good quality streams of all sky sports & BT sports channels.

I have the Live Football TV app on my phone, this tells me what channels every game is on around the world. As often you'll get better streams for games on US channels or Bein Sports. Makes finding things easier.

One tip - always shut Kodi down properly (by going to "Quit" & "Shutdown") as just hitting the power off button can reset the wizard, meaning you have to reinstall.

Any questions, ping me a PM and i'll try and help :ok:

Great information Parky - dying to get this up and running. If it all works good, then another will be getting purchased.

Don't mind paying one off fees. I just want to end monthly subscriptions. I'll check out Sports Donkey.

Is this the Live Football App: http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-tv-android-app.html

Is there an equivalent for Movies and TV Programmes. If I can demonstrate to 'her indoors' that she can watch Masterchef from any country, at any time, then it makes it easier not having to justify another gadget sitting under the TV.

Great information Parky - dying to get this up and running. If it all works good, then another will be getting purchased.

Don't mind paying one off fees. I just want to end monthly subscriptions. I'll check out Sports Donkey.

Is this the Live Football App: http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-tv-android-app.html

Is there an equivalent for Movies and TV Programmes. If I can demonstrate to 'her indoors' that she can watch Masterchef from any country, at any time, then it makes it easier not having to justify another gadget sitting under the TV.

That's not the App. The app i have is simply called "Live Football TV". It's on iOS. Not sure about Android.

There's plenty add-ons for TV shows. THere's a few installed on the wookie wizard that work to varying degrees. I can't mind what ones are the good ones and what ones the bad. I'll have a play about when i get a chance and advise. If you know what you want to watch you can search for the show title.

Sports Donkey looks good. £20 per year according to their website. Think i'll get that when this months NTV sub runs out.

BTW, this video says that Sports Donkey is free with boxes from Droidsticks.co.uk, so you may well have it already Brummie Hibs...

Sports Donkey looks good. £20 per year according to their website. Think i'll get that when this months NTV sub runs out.

BTW, this video says that Sports Donkey is free with boxes from Droidsticks.co.uk, so you may well have it already Brummie Hibs...

It was free and those who had it previously (including me) still get it.

Hey, i've been telling everyone on here to buy a T8 box for months. If yous had all listened...

Wishing i had bought my box from droidsticks now.

Bought this for it today - http://www.amazon.co.uk/iPazzPort-Raspberry-Wireless-Handheld-KP-810-21B-Black/dp/B00UBTTZ6A/ref=pd_cp_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=11HFJ40JHFQEE9VZ7Z2B