Owen Logan - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My big mate owen logan from kirkcaldy who is also a scotland fan walked out his house last tuesday went to asda`s then disappered.He was last seen driving across the forth road bridge but hasnt been seen since.He has used his bank account a few times and we only know that due to bank checks for account activity.He is 6ft 4 inch and has tattoos covering his body including one on his back of i think the declaration of arbroath.We havent heard from him since as he hasnt replied to texts,phone calls,facebook postings etc and frankly we are worried.He can look after himself but this is totally out of character and not like him to not reply to anyone.I know this may not help whatsoever but you never know as someone on here may get speaking to him by chance or hear something regarding whats going on.Thanks

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Is it possible that the police have traced him and he has simply said he doesn't want anyone to know where he is?

I don't mean to sound negative,but I would imagine that if there was bad news about him,his family would've been informed.

As said before,using cards etc,must leave a trail of where he is banking/staying.

Is it possible that the police have traced him and he has simply said he doesn't want anyone to know where he is?

I don't mean to sound negative,but I would imagine that if there was bad news about him,his family would've been informed.

As said before,using cards etc,must leave a trail of where he is banking/staying.

Think you might be right mate.

My brother in law did this and all the police told his wife was that he was alive and didn't want to be found.

Its fine lads thanks for your comments its much appreciated and i personally dont think anything bad has happened to him but something has made him do this.Its totally out of character to disappear and not contact anyone including his family.

• 1 month later...

My mate who had been since july was found dead last night in newcastle.I am devastated along with other friends and family.I wouldnt normally post this stuff up on a forum but as i had started the topic looking for help i thought i should tell you all and give closure.He was a proud scot and tartan army and we will all miss him terribly.R.I.P BIG MAN.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

My mate who had been since july was found dead last night in newcastle.I am devastated along with other friends and family.I wouldnt normally post this stuff up on a forum but as i had started the topic looking for help i thought i should tell you all and give closure.He was a proud scot and tartan army and we will all miss him terribly.R.I.P BIG MAN.

Very sorry for your loss :(

Sorry to hear that Hightower. Hope the family are able to get some closure.

Thanks lads i just wanted to post up what has happened as a lot of you lads were good enough to reply to the topic and offer words of wisdom.We are all struggling to come to terms with what has happened to him.We also heard that it was apparent suicide which is making things worse in that he thought it was the only way out and he couldnt talk to any of us.I wouldnt even have bothered if he didnt want to return to kirkcaldy as long as he was ok but he wouldnt get in touch with anyone.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Probably not much consolation at all,but hopefully you can take heart that,with small posts like you started here,you were trying to get answers.

Sometimes people just can't talk,at least you tried to help.

You can sometimes do no more than that I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear the news.

Sorry to hear that mam, but if nothing else at least you know now. It would be worse if time went by and you still never foind out. Hope you and hid family and friends can find some comfort in all the good memories.

Thanks for the replies again lads you have helped me a lot since he went missing.Sorry for my short reply to some idiot last night as i shouldnt have did that but the person who posted up was out of order.My mates funeral is next week but his wife who not long ago was separated from him on fb status and calling him all the names under the sun is now taking over.She has arranged for the funeral to be in methilhill when he comes from kirkcaldy although he was staying through there recently.She also made arrangements without even discussing things with his mum or sisters and as you can imagine its caused anger and tension not needed.We are devastated as it is without this rubbish so have to put up with it as nothing can be done.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

It has always been a Scottish thing, Weddings & Funerals alike causing ructions, some far more serious than others. Best to just go with the flow mate and stick to your positive memories with Owen, you won't need to have any more dealings with the ones causing the issues so just bite the bullet until the funeral has passed.

Hope it all goes as well as can be expected in the meantime.