Wee Blue Book Cards Update - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wee Blue Book Cards Update

No, we did a crowd fund. People could select perks for how many cards they wanted. The rest we are just giving away for free to whoever wants them.

Any chance I could get one down in England? ;)

Or does anyone know how I can get a physical copy in England?

Ah.

They've all been sold!

I've just messaged their Facebook page, so hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow. :)

Hopefully I'll get a response, tomorrow as well, from YesScotland and the SNP over the currency question I asked for a no supporter - the idea if they're able to answer the question, they'll vote yes.

I've just messaged their Facebook page, so hopefully I'll get a response tomorrow. :)

Hopefully I'll get a response, tomorrow as well, from YesScotland and the SNP over the currency question I asked for a no supporter - the idea if they're able to answer the question, they'll vote yes.

It was celeb-it that was punting them on ebay (if that's the same one you've mailed) http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=celeb-it&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

And the answer is the pound!

What was the question and I will get you an answer from Yes Scotland

What was the question and I will get you an answer from Yes Scotland

The question I asked the Yes campaign was:

"...out of the three options that Salmond listed in the BBC debate [which] would be first pursued in the event of the UK Government blocking a currency union? (A pegged Scottish currency, a floating Scottish currency or unilateral usage of the Pound Sterling)."

I've just realised I've made a couple of sentence errors in my email. I shouldn't have typed so fast... :blush:

The No voter I was talking to said he would consider a Yes vote if he got an answer to the question.

I sent the email to the SNP as well, as it's more of an SNP policy thing rather than a Yes Scotland thing.

Edited by Clyde1998

Well they won't answer that as if you asked for second best you will get second best.

Need to illustrate the reasons why a currency union will happen. In the best interests of both countries, a government minister already admitted that 'of course there will be a currency union' and that it is just a campaign tactic. The UK could not manage with loosing Scotland's contribution to the balance of payments and the value of Sterling would drop. They have also said in the past through the McCrone report that an independent Scotland's currency would be one of the strongest in Europe. The UK would not want the situation of having a stronger currency in a bordering country. Also the UK could not cope with 10% extra debt, that is why a currency union is a definite. In the event that we used Sterling unilaterally then we could walk away from the debt and in the first year of independence Scotland would be in surplus, a very enviable situation. The currency question is a pragmatic one though, we will have a workable currency and it should not be the main focus of debate. It has been turned into the main focus as Better Together have very little else.

Well they won't answer that as if you asked for second best you will get second best.

Need to illustrate the reasons why a currency union will happen. In the best interests of both countries, a government minister already admitted that 'of course there will be a currency union' and that it is just a campaign tactic. The UK could not manage with loosing Scotland's contribution to the balance of payments and the value of Sterling would drop. They have also said in the past through the McCrone report that an independent Scotland's currency would be one of the strongest in Europe. The UK would not want the situation of having a stronger currency in a bordering country. Also the UK could not cope with 10% extra debt, that is why a currency union is a definite. In the event that we used Sterling unilaterally then we could walk away from the debt and in the first year of independence Scotland would be in surplus, a very enviable situation. The currency question is a pragmatic one though, we will have a workable currency and it should not be the main focus of debate. It has been turned into the main focus as Better Together have very little else.

I'm in support of a currency union, but these no supporters understand what you've said, however they want security with the plan B. Even if I get a response from the yes campaign that's completely made up, it would still convince no voters as it's layed out clearly and the yes campaign can just say it's not their fault if it doesn't happen (they're not a political party)

Ok no currency union then we will use the pound unilaterally. No debt and in surplus in the first year of independence. A very workable situation that other countries also do. Eventually I then think we would have our own currency in future, one of the strongest in Europe as Westminster previously said.

The question I asked the Yes campaign was:

"...out of the three options that Salmond listed in the BBC debate [which] would be first pursued in the event of the UK Government blocking a currency union? (A pegged Scottish currency, a floating Scottish currency or unilateral usage of the Pound Sterling)."

I've just realised I've made a couple of sentence errors in my email. I shouldn't have typed so fast... :blush:

The No voter I was talking to said he would consider a Yes vote if he got an answer to the question.

I sent the email to the SNP as well, as it's more of an SNP policy thing rather than a Yes Scotland thing.

Yes Scotland can't answer that question.

The SNP wont answer that question.

Ok no currency union then we will use the pound unilaterally. No debt and in surplus in the first year of independence. A very workable situation that other countries also do. Eventually I then think we would have our own currency in future, one of the strongest in Europe as Westminster previously said.

I'll end up using that then. :)

Sent off all the packages today. Was at the post office for almost 5 hours sorting them, packaging, labelling and sending etc. Hope to never see another parcel ever again!

I sent the Ayrshire package down fishcumnock with a letter inside saying what boxes are for who and one for yourself. I only got the pm with your real name once I was home. So you will be getting two parcels addressed to Mr Fish!

I got a response from the Yes Campaign, which ended up in my spam folder. :angry: Very much a response I expected, however it seems to point that the plan would be to unilaterally use the pound, before a separate Scottish currency.

Thank you for getting in touch with Yes Scotland. You'd need to ask the SNP for the "order" that the SGovernment would rank this I'm [i think that should say "in"].
You would never, going in to negotiations, list your options afterwards because you should argue only for your first option.
We can use the pound regardless of a currency union.
You should read this article from the First Minister which clarified the position on the currency, in particular:

"It is simply impossible for the Westminster establishment to follow through on their campaign rhetoric about blocking Scots using the pound. They can however deny Scotland continued use of the Bank of England, which is a shared asset that Scottish taxpayers have contributed to since it was nationalised in 1946.

The Bank of England itself holds the title to over a quarter of the UK's entire national debt of around £1.3 trillion. And it is all that debt which Westminster would be agreeing to take on board in its entirety if Scotland was denied continued use of the central bank.

Assets and liabilities go hand in hand, and no one would expect Scotland to pick up a share of the debt if we were being denied a share of the assets.

In any case, the UK Treasury has already accepted that they are legally liable for all UK debt accrued up to the point of independence, something they made explicitly clear in a statement to the markets on January 13 this year.

January 13 is proving unlucky for the Unionist No coalition. We take the fair, reasonable and responsible position that an independent Scotland should agree to pay our fair share by servicing that debt.

Voters across the UK would look askance at any Westminster politician campaigning on a platform to reject a currency union, given that it would mean rejecting Scotland's offer to contribute debt interest payments of up to £5 billion a year and instead adding that to the debt burden for the rest of the UK's taxpayers, while an independent Scotland starts life debt-free and Scot free."

Very best wishes
Gail
Yes Scotland Team
Edited by Clyde1998