Ticket Sales - Page 5 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoned ssc yesterday to enquire about sales, according to the wee lassie I spoke to they're convinced there will be no public sale as season ticket holders will snap up the remaining tickets so if you want one I guess you'll need to speak nicely to a season ticket holder!!!

I'm not an SSC member at present. I used to be. Does this mean that SSC members who aren't season ticket holders have no chance of getting a Germany ticket!? My Dad and brother are members but not season ticket holders, so would like to clarify.

I'm not an SSC member at present. I used to be. Does this mean that SSC members who aren't season ticket holders have no chance of getting a Germany ticket!? My Dad and brother are members but not season ticket holders, so would like to clarify.

Ssc members had until the 7th to buy tickets. What this means is season ticket holders have option of buying any left over tickets( up to two) on a first come first served basis. If any left after that they may offer them to other members on same basis or the May have public sale. My guess ( hope ) would be they offer the rest ssc members any tickets left after Monday. It would make more sense than public sale

Ssc members had until the 7th to buy tickets. What this means is season ticket holders have option of buying any left over tickets( up to two) on a first come first served basis. If any left after that they may offer them to other members on same basis or the May have public sale. My guess ( hope ) would be they offer the rest ssc members any tickets left after Monday. It would make more sense than public sale

Ok thanks for the explanation. They missed the deadline then, dozey s.

Bit of a shit system if you've not got a season ticket and aren't in ssc.

I chucked the ssc, as it was a £50 scarf and badge last campaign.

Didn't buy the season as i didn't think it was a very good deal.

Bit of a shit system if you've not got a season ticket and aren't in ssc.

I chucked the ssc, as it was a £50 scarf and badge last campaign.

Didn't buy the season as i didn't think it was a very good deal.

You got to be in it to win it, You pays yer money you takes yer chanses!

yes i called yesterday on your advice, lady said only season ticket holders could buy tickets and to try again on tuesday when a public sale will start if tickets arent sold out.

Nae luck.

I'd call again, until they sell you one.

You got to be in it to win it, You pays yer money you takes yer chanses!

If you don't pay your money you take your chances more like!

:lol:

I'd have liked to have seen a public sale, but I suppose you can't please everyone.

(A system where the only people who can buy tickets are those who already have them seems a bit flawed!)

If it was an away game, you'd missed your window and our allocation had sold out or if all the tickets had now gone for these games I could understand and unfortunately it would be a case of tough shit. But there's plenty tickets left yet, so I reckon this is pretty piss poor by the SFA/SSC not helping the guy out.

If it was an away game, you'd missed your window and our allocation had sold out or if all the tickets had now gone for these games I could understand and unfortunately it would be a case of tough shit. But there's plenty tickets left yet, so I reckon this is pretty piss poor by the SFA/SSC not helping the guy out.

Apparently it's more important to let season ticket holders buy tickets for their mates who are not members than it is to help out members who missed the sale.

I'm not sure why people are surprised at this. The SFA don't give a monkey's toss about SSC members once they've got our money.

For what it's worth and that not a lot but here my take on all this and I'm in no way sticking up for the sfa BUT there always is a schedule for ticket sales ( even tho timing for this was shite) and it closes at a certain time so if you miss the deadline them sorry IMO that not the sfa fault I know there are different reasons and circumstances but at end of the day if they didn't stick to there schedule then what would be point of having sales windows there had to be a cut off point and time otherwise they might as well say ok guys tickets on sale from now until they all sold so what would happen everyone would be up in arms about it saying the sfa couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel ( arguably they can't lol) the system isn't perfect so what should the sfa do to be right for a change and please everyone..... Sorry if any one offended by this I don't mean any offence to anyone and I'm certainly not sticking up for sfa I'm just saying what would be a better system ??

For what it's worth and that not a lot but here my take on all this and I'm in no way sticking up for the sfa BUT there always is a schedule for ticket sales ( even tho timing for this was shite) and it closes at a certain time so if you miss the deadline them sorry IMO that not the sfa fault I know there are different reasons and circumstances but at end of the day if they didn't stick to there schedule then what would be point of having sales windows there had to be a cut off point and time otherwise they might as well say ok guys tickets on sale from now until they all sold so what would happen everyone would be up in arms about it saying the sfa couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel ( arguably they can't lol) the system isn't perfect so what should the sfa do to be right for a change and please everyone..... Sorry if any one offended by this I don't mean any offence to anyone and I'm certainly not sticking up for sfa I'm just saying what would be a better system ??

All of that is true mate but what about a bit of loyalty for members?

Would it have killed them to have put a few dozen tickets aside in case some members were sick or on holiday or whatever?

The customer service from the SSC is pretty shocking sometimes. I mean the folk that work there are nice enough but it's their policies that suck baws.

Ok, if someone has just forgotten about the sale then it's hard to have too much sympathy but there are probably members with genuine reasons for missing the sale that are going to miss out.

I think we should get another chance for tickets after season tickets sales are over even if 1 per member. Lets keep the Poles allocation to a minimum.

All of that is true mate but what about a bit of loyalty for members?

Would it have killed them to have put a few dozen tickets aside in case some members were sick or on holiday or whatever?

The customer service from the SSC is pretty shocking sometimes. I mean the folk that work there are nice enough but it's their policies that suck baws.

Ok, if someone has just forgotten about the sale then it's hard to have too much sympathy but there are probably members with genuine reasons for missing the sale that are going to miss out.

I know someone that was on 8 points & missed the renewal deadline by 1 day. The SSC would let him renew, but he would lose all his away points as it was counted as a new membership