If We Do End Up In The Play-Offs... - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If We Do End Up In The Play-Offs...

liviloyal

Seconded. Win in tiblisi, that sets us up for a real go at second.

If poland get beat by germany, which is likely.

A win in tiblisi combined with a win against germany or poland at home would give us 2nd if not first.

The last game against gibraltar is a gimme.

Germamys last game is away to ireland, can they return a favour in return from gary mckay goal beating bulgaria.

All ifs and buts. Tiblisi is key.

Germany's last game is home to Georgia. Ireland are in Warsaw on the last day.

The key to automatic qualification is being on at least the same points as Poland after our game at Hampden and having a winning record against them. A victory or a very low scoring draw would do although we are unlikely to be on the same points as Poland so a draw will probably be no good.

If we assume that Germany are going to beat Poland then the Poles should have 16 points when they come to Glasgow.

We would need to have at least 13 points before we play Poland (as long as we then beat them). A draw against Georgia and Germany would be enough as long as we beat Poland and Gibraltar (and Germany beat Poland).

Getting a draw against ze Germans is unlikely so a win in Georgia is essential to keep qualification in our own hands.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to automatic qualification is being on at least the same points as Poland after our game at Hampden and having a winning record against them. A victory or a very low scoring draw would do although we are unlikely to be on the same points as Poland so a draw will probably be no good.

If we assume that Germany are going to beat Poland then the Poles should have 16 points when they come to Glasgow.

We would need to have at least 13 points before we play Poland (as long as we then beat them). A draw against Georgia and Germany would be enough as long as we beat Poland and Gibraltar (and Germany beat Poland).

Getting a draw against ze Germans is unlikely so a win in Georgia is essential to keep qualification in our own hands.

Just realised that Poland are likely to have 17 points when they come to Hampden. Tblisi is a must win game if we want to qualify automatically.

Just realised that Poland are likely to have 17 points when they come to Hampden. Tblisi is a must win game if we want to qualify automatically.

For 2nd ye must win in Georgia...agreed

If ye do I think ye will beat Poland in hampden....as I do think as a team ye are better than Poland

Knew lots about the poles before our group but little about ye due to ye not qualifying for awhile.

I've no issue saying it....very impressed how Strachan and co has turned yere fortunes around. ..kudos!

For 2nd ye must win in Georgia...agreed

If ye do I think ye will beat Poland in hampden....as I do think as a team ye are better than Poland

Knew lots about the poles before our group but little about ye due to ye not qualifying for awhile.

I've no issue saying it....very impressed how Strachan and co has turned yere fortunes around. ..kudos!

Poland, Germany and Ireland have all won in Georgia so I guess we have to do the same to have any chance of qualifying automatically.

We're hardly world beaters under Strachan but he has made us hard to beat. We were a complete shambles under Levein.

I thought we were unlucky not to win in Poland and I fancy our chances against them at Hampden.

Poland, Germany and Ireland have all won in Georgia so I guess we have to do the same to have any chance of qualifying automatically.

We're hardly world beaters under Strachan but he has made us hard to beat. We were a complete shambles under Levein.

I thought we were unlucky not to win in Poland and I fancy our chances against them at Hampden.

World beaters ...no....but a very good team...Yes

Only saw the goals in yere Poland game tbh....but have heard numerous different reports on who shud/cud have won it.....but ye lads wud have heard the same on our game against the poles to be fair.

Ye have momentum....it's a huge thing....don't care if anyone says different ....but equally momentum comes from getting results....and results come from....being a good team.

If ye beat georgia , then Unless my lads can SOMEHOW beat Germany in Dublin. ...I fully expect to see ye in France next summer....not because I think it...but because on the basis of yere team performances so far in this group...ye DESERVE to be there

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

World beaters ...no....but a very good team...Yes

Only saw the goals in yere Poland game tbh....but have heard numerous different reports on who shud/cud have won it.....but ye lads wud have heard the same on our game against the poles to be fair.

Ye have momentum....it's a huge thing....don't care if anyone says different ....but equally momentum comes from getting results....and results come from....being a good team.

If ye beat georgia , then Unless my lads can SOMEHOW beat Germany in Dublin. ...I fully expect to see ye in France next summer....not because I think it...but because on the basis of yere team performances so far in this group...ye DESERVE to be there

To be fair, either team could have won in Warsaw but Scotland were 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go so that's why I feel we could and should have won.

I hope you're right mate. Unfortunately, teams don't always get what they deserve.

I can't see you guys beating Germany but a victory in Poland will put you in a decent position for a playoff (hopefully not at our expense).

To be fair, either team could have won in Warsaw but Scotland were 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go so that's why I feel we could and should have won.

I hope you're right mate. Unfortunately, teams don't always get what they deserve.

I can't see you guys beating Germany but a victory in Poland will put you in a decent position for a playoff (hopefully not at our expense).

To be fair to Poland, they pummeled us for the last 30 mins and fully deserved a draw, maybe even a win.

To be fair to Poland, they pummeled us for the last 30 mins and fully deserved a draw, maybe even a win.

I'm not sure I agree that they pummelled us.

They did pin us back and yes they probably did deserve a draw but we could just as easily have held on for a win.

It's all ancient history now anyway. Hopefully we'll pummel them at Hampden and that will be that (as long as we also beat Georgia).

Oddly enuf..if I had to pick a team whom I thought we wud beat....I wud pick Germany in Dublin. ....that's not me saying it will happen

Sadly I think it's more of an unrealistic dream based on the reality that our current managerial regime has failed....but I guess I have to keep dreaming the dream

Oddly enuf..if I had to pick a team whom I thought we wud beat....I wud pick Germany in Dublin. ....that's not me saying it will happen

Sadly I think it's more of an unrealistic dream based on the reality that our current managerial regime has failed....but I guess I have to keep dreaming the dream

You're probably right mate.

I think the only realistic hope you've got of a playoff is if Scotland or Poland make a complete @rse of themselves - not beyond the realms of possibility in Scotland's case.

:ok:

Ireland have still to play germany at home, that must be their penultimate match then.

:ok:

appreciated :ok:

The reason where we are in the group is the result away in Germany - both Poland and ROI did better than we did.

10 points from the last 4 games should be the target.

Poland haven't been to Germany yet. Their victory was at home.

Nine points from the last four games will be enough as long as Germany beat Poland.

its this simple we beat Georgia and Germany. Poland beat Germany then we have 2 games to get 3 points. LOL

I'm sure Poland would settle for a 0-0 with us if this was the case.

That wouldn't necessarily do as Poland and Germany could still finish ahead of us.

The only way to guarantee 9 points being enough is if Germany and Scotland beat Poland.

That wouldn't necessarily do as Poland and Germany could still finish ahead of us.

The only way to guarantee 9 points being enough is if Germany and Scotland beat Poland.

Unless Scotland and Poland both beat Germany of course but there's about as much chance of me getting a call up for the Georgia game than there is of that happening.