Cheap Pubs - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Being honest, at €5.50 a beer in Temple Bar, with the exchange rate having moved in our favour a lot recently, that's only £3.90 a pint. Its not cheap, but its hardly going to bankrupt you.

I'll be spending a good few hundred quid over the course of the weekend on travel, accomodation, tickets etc. I'm not going to worry about an extra 30p a pint to be somewhere with a bit of atmosphere.

That's generally my view on trips.

Keeps you away fromt he riff raff too.

Being honest, at €5.50 a beer in Temple Bar, with the exchange rate having moved in our favour a lot recently, that's only £3.90 a pint. Its not cheap, but its hardly going to bankrupt you.

I'll be spending a good few hundred quid over the course of the weekend on travel, accomodation, tickets etc. I'm not going to worry about an extra 30p a pint to be somewhere with a bit of atmosphere.

Agreed, most people must pay around £3 for a pint in Scotland so not too much more expensive with the decent exchange rate. As long as it is cold!! :ok::ok:

I'm as skint as most of us but FFS it's a weekend away and folk want to look for little shit holes of pubs to save a fiver over the night.

It's not as much to do with the price. It's to do with bumping into as much fake, obsequious wanks as possible. I have one Yank with me and I don't plan on bumping into any others. As you can be sure the touristy places are where you'll find them. Nothing beats going on a trip and mixing with locals. The cheaper places are where you are likely to find them.

Anyway, I've got a week in Scotland to deal with first moneywise then 5 days in Dublin. It's not just a weekend away for me. :wink2:

It's not as much to do with the price. It's to do with bumping into as much fake, obsequious wanks as possible. I have one Yank with me and I don't plan on bumping into any others. As you can be sure the touristy places are where you'll find them. Nothing beats going on a trip and mixing with locals. The cheaper places are where you are likely to find them.

Anyway, I've got a week in Scotland to deal with first moneywise then 5 days in Dublin. It's not just a weekend away for me. :wink2:

As i've suggested in another thread if you're hitting pubs go the places right off Grafton St. Keogh's, McDaids, Davy Byrnes, Bruxells to name a few. If you're then looking for a late one then 5 min walk up the road is the lovely Harcourt St. You've your choice of about six or seven nightclubs where are us Irish hit.

Okay. I'll take a pint from you. You were obviously gagging to ask me to.

Okay. I'll take a pint from you. You were obviously gagging to ask me to.

I'm actually spending a night on Skye in my Scotland week. I looked at your digs up there but I'm not that flush! :-))

I wasn't saying I won't pay the prices spent 200 last sat in Dublin and will spent watever is needed.just more the rip off that they put prices up after 12 in the already most expensive area

Serves you right for not being in your bed #earlytorise