Planning Application - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Planning Application

Wonder if anyone can help me with this. I'm in the process of buying a house in Scotstoun however I've just discovered plans to build a new incinerator complex at the industrial estate on South Street. Part of this plan is to erect a 230 ft chimney stack and obviously I'm concerned about a few things in relation to that. One of those is how visible it will be from our new house.

I've found the planning page which has various different documents and one of those (link below) is a view from the street towards where the proposed stack will be. Can anyone tell me what "Approx height AOD" means on the link below? Cheers.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/files/2F4594CBD576EB340BC3CA8D063DF558/pdf/15_00549_DC-VIEWPOINT_D-3178681.pdf

Wonder if anyone can help me with this. I'm in the process of buying a house in Scotstoun however I've just discovered plans to build a new incinerator complex at the industrial estate on South Street. Part of this plan is to erect a 230 ft chimney stack and obviously I'm concerned about a few things in relation to that. One of those is how visible it will be from our new house.

I've found the planning page which has various different documents and one of those (link below) is a view from the street towards where the proposed stack will be. Can anyone tell me what "Approx height AOD" means on the link below? Cheers.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/files/2F4594CBD576EB340BC3CA8D063DF558/pdf/15_00549_DC-VIEWPOINT_D-3178681.pdf

Above Ordnance Datum - usually means "above sea level".

Edited by Flure

Ordnance Survey maps show bench marks with levels in metres relative to Ordnance Datum. contours etc are all relative to ordnance datum. To work out the height above ground that it reaches, you need to know the ground level at the chimney and subtract that from the AOD level for the top of the stack.

I live in Scotstoun and there are a lot of objections going in to the application. Meeting in Scotstoun Primary School Tuesday 28th April at 7pm.

I live in Scotstoun and there are a lot of objections going in to the application. Meeting in Scotstoun Primary School Tuesday 28th April at 7pm.

Cheers Jaffa. Might come along to that.

Ordnance Survey maps show bench marks with levels in metres relative to Ordnance Datum. contours etc are all relative to ordnance datum. To work out the height above ground that it reaches, you need to know the ground level at the chimney and subtract that from the AOD level for the top of the stack.

Haven't looked at a 1:50 000 os map in years but thought they just indicated bm ; thought this was more specific on large scale city maps

I mind seeing trig points with elevations and spot heights etc