Housing Jobs In Glasgow/ West Of Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Housing Jobs In Glasgow/ West Of Scotland

Troops, after five years in london I am moving back to Glasgow next week. Currently work in social housing in London and I want to continue working in the sector up the road.

Anybody know the best websites, any agencies or any other way of trying to get a housing job in glasgow? Housing jobs in London are fairly plentiful but I get the impression that back home it might be a little tougher to get my foot in the door, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

My source also says....

"There is also Reed consultancy. Thing is a lot of RSL's are undertaking restructuring so might not be a lot of recruitment opportunities. And to read up on the Housing Scotland Act 2001 & 2006".

I had to take a job in the NAC housing office recently because life... And it was soul destroying. People in dire need of help and staff uninterested in providing it or offering advice where to get it because they've been institutionalised and become consequently complicit.

Go to the housing association websites and as mentioned, check the SFHA site. Sign up for their newsletter - there's always jobs on it.

One thing is for sure; don't take a job with the SFHA. They're going down the lavvy pan and the hierarchy are only in it for themselves. Worked there for many a year.