Abbey Travel - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All wrong and as previously said the TA would go berserk if a similar situ existed in Scotland

The fai don't care about us individual fans they showed that in November. After 2012 a large number of supporter clubs were setup and these are now flavour of the month with the fai. We tried to hold a protest against this at USA friendly and were met with a wall of stewards and guards. The Scotland game will be the last hone game attended by a large number of fans because of all this

The fai don't care about us individual fans they showed that in November. After 2012 a large number of supporter clubs were setup and these are now flavour of the month with the fai. We tried to hold a protest against this at USA friendly and were met with a wall of stewards and guards. The Scotland game will be the last hone game attended by a large number of fans because of all this

We have our own issues with the Sfa. We pay £50 for a two year membership and the SFA have committed to raising revenue streams by 30% . This appears to be being progressed by increasing the price of match tickets, they have denied this but wont tell us what other revenue streams are being used to hit this 30% target. Your experience of the IFA sounds like they may be alienating some of your fans also to the same or higher extent. At least you have qualified for tournaments recently, where as the we haven't. Thats why we are so infuriated by the ticket price increases.

We have our own issues with the Sfa. We pay £50 for a two year membership and the SFA have committed to raising revenue streams by 30% . This appears to be being progressed by increasing the price of match tickets, they have denied this but wont tell us what other revenue streams are being used to hit this 30% target. Your experience of the IFA sounds like they may be alienating some of your fans also to the same or higher extent. At least you have qualified for tournaments recently, where as the we haven't. Thats why we are so infuriated by the ticket price increases.

Spot on bud ?

I couldn't have put it any better myself

At least with your £50 membership cones a system for allocating away tickets. We don't have any system and they point blank refuse to implement 1 saying it be impossible to do. Figure that 1 out seeing as most countries can do it. Your right they are alienating a large number of fans but to make it worse these are sone of the most loyal of fans and if a points system was in place they would easily be near the top. For example if points system was in place for Scotland in November I would of been on 5 points (should of been 6 but had to cancel trip to Sweden at last minute) yet I had to sit in the home end in Glasgow as my application was unsuccessful. You can start to understand why I wasn't best pleased when you realise 3 of the games I missed were 2 friendlies in the USA and the game in georgia which clashed with another trip I had

At least with your £50 membership cones a system for allocating away tickets. We don't have any system and they point blank refuse to implement 1 saying it be impossible to do. Figure that 1 out seeing as most countries can do it. Your right they are alienating a large number of fans but to make it worse these are sone of the most loyal of fans and if a points system was in place they would easily be near the top. For example if points system was in place for Scotland in November I would of been on 5 points (should of been 6 but had to cancel trip to Sweden at last minute) yet I had to sit in the home end in Glasgow as my application was unsuccessful. You can start to understand why I wasn't best pleased when you realise 3 of the games I missed were 2 friendlies in the USA and the game in georgia which clashed with another trip I had

The points system is not perfect, but at least its in place and it as you said rewards loyalty. The SFA used to do random 100% pick ups which would stop fans applying for less attractive matches, bin or sell on their ticket that was sent to their home address and keep their points artificially high for the bigger games.

They still police the system by asking people to randomly pick up but there is no punishment to my knowledge if they fail to do so.

It sounds as if the irish FA could be accused of having their fingers in the till, by selling a large proportion of their away allocation to fans in a travel package at inflated prices. :angry:

We have had travel partners but they are not allowed to provide official tickets in the scotland end as that would contravene the points system.

I sympathise and hope the IFA play fair and take up out points system with random pick up for away friendlies.

No wonder you guys are angry.

The points system is not perfect, but at least its in place and it as you said rewards loyalty. The SFA used to do random 100% pick ups which would stop fans applying for less attractive matches, bin or sell on their ticket that was sent to their home address and keep their points artificially high for the bigger games.

They still police the system by asking people to randomly pick up but there is no punishment to my knowledge if they fail to do so.

It sounds as if the irish FA could be accused of having their fingers in the till, by selling a large proportion of their away allocation to fans in a travel package at inflated prices. :angry:

We have had travel partners but they are not allowed to provide official tickets in the scotland end as that would contravene the points system.

I sympathise and hope the IFA play fair and take up out points system with random pick up for away friendlies.

No wonder you guys are angry.

Apparently abbey travels agreement with fai is a guaranteed 15% of the official allocation for all away games. Been that and the fact fai give supporter clubs priority is the main issue with us. The members of these clubs are season ticket holders like rest of us but they get priority over the individual fans. A number of these clubs took small allocation of tickets for 1st 2 away games yet got much larger allocation for Scotland. I know if people who hadn't attended an away game since game in wembley (wouldn't even be included in last 10 games) who got tickets through supporter clubs for Glasgow yet the individual fans who spend every penny they have following the team were left without and had to buy of the sfa to sit in the home end

And then delaney had the cheek to blame the sfa for this mess. The blame stopped with him IMO, this the same delaney who can be seen on most away games giving away tickets in vars the night before games yet he says he doesn't get a personally allocation of tickets

Apparently abbey travels agreement with fai is a guaranteed 15% of the official allocation for all away games. Been that and the fact fai give supporter clubs priority is the main issue with us. The members of these clubs are season ticket holders like rest of us but they get priority over the individual fans. A number of these clubs took small allocation of tickets for 1st 2 away games yet got much larger allocation for Scotland. I know if people who hadn't attended an away game since game in wembley (wouldn't even be included in last 10 games) who got tickets through supporter clubs for Glasgow yet the individual fans who spend every penny they have following the team were left without and had to buy of the sfa to sit in the home end

And then delaney had the cheek to blame the sfa for this mess. The blame stopped with him IMO, this the same delaney who can be seen on most away games giving away tickets in vars the night before games yet he says he doesn't get a personally allocation of tickets

shocking

Just got the below email from Abbey Travel. Anyone else got it? They seem to want a lot of information for buying a ticket only.

Sports (sports@abbeytravel.ie)

Sent:

21 April 2015 14:47:45

To:

Sports (sports@abbeytravel.ie)

Dear Football Supporter,

In relation to your booking for the Ireland v Scotland game onthe 13th June at the Aviva Stadium, we require the following information;

All Names

Main Contact Address for booking

Nationality -

Passport Numbers

Passport Expiry Date

Arrival and departure dates in Ireland

Name of accommodation

Please e-mail sports@abbeytravel.ie with all passenger information above once obtained from all members in your booking.

All required information should be sent to us no later than Friday 15th May.

We expect to have all tickets in our office approx. 7-10 days prior to the game and will be in contact at this stage regarding collection details.

Kind Regards

Abbey Travel Sports, Groups & Events

Abbey Travel

43-45 Middle Abbey Street

Dublin 1

PH +353-1-8047100

FAX +353-1-8733163

kwilliams@abbeytravel.ie

http://www.abbeytravel.ie/sports

Just got the below email from Abbey Travel. Anyone else got it? They seem to want a lot of information for buying a ticket only.

From: Sports (sports@abbeytravel.ie) Sent: 21 April 2015 14:47:45 To: Sports (sports@abbeytravel.ie)

Dear Football Supporter,

In relation to your booking for the Ireland v Scotland game onthe 13th June at the Aviva Stadium, we require the following information;

All Names

Main Contact Address for booking

Nationality -

Passport Numbers

Passport Expiry Date

Arrival and departure dates in Ireland

Name of accommodation

Please e-mail sports@abbeytravel.ie with all passenger information above once obtained from all members in your booking.

All required information should be sent to us no later than Friday 15th May.

We expect to have all tickets in our office approx. 7-10 days prior to the game and will be in contact at this stage regarding collection details.

Kind Regards

Abbey Travel Sports, Groups & Events

Abbey Travel

43-45 Middle Abbey Street

Dublin 1

PH +353-1-8047100

FAX +353-1-8733163

kwilliams@abbeytravel.ie

http://www.abbeytravel.ie/sports

I got this today. As we have booked a place through airbnb I couldn't give an address for accommodation.

Just been in touch with Abbey, they have informed me that any children travelling and don't have id the person who made the booking still has to name them and let abbey know on you info email. persons travelling via cairnryan troon - larne and Belfast must state that if they are travelling in and out on the same day just type ferry in and out where it asks for accommodation info, if staying overnight accommodation must be named. If a person does not have a passport .other types of id will do ie. a bus pass, drivers licence, library card or local council concession card will do as long as it has a photo on it. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...