Just Had Better Together At The Door... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just Had Better Together At The Door...

What were the reasons offered for voting No?

Usual pish.

Tried explaining that the area I was in was one of the most poverty ridden areas of Irvine, and that only my house and another 4 were owned. 60%+ are unemployed and health issues were a big concern.

Their reply was that it was the same everywhere in Britain and we should work to improve it all. I don't think they got my laughter. My wife then decided to leave the conversation and I got bored so tried giving them badges. Think at that point they knew I wasn't undecided.

To add, I just popped up the road to speak to a few neighbours, they chuckled at him with his Rangers top and asked if they could "rely" on him.

F*** that ahm votin aye was his reply.

I knew it wasn't the content of what they were saying that bothered me, it was their arrogance. I've just put my finger on it.

UPDATE.

Went to Tesco. As I got up the top of the road there was a full bus of them. 25/30 "canvassers" all looking as though they had entered war torn Syria. Definitely not from around these parts.

By the look on their faces and the alkies heckling them I don't think a successful visit was had. :)

EDIT - Must be the quickest canvass of an area known to man. Around 500 houses in around an hour?

They were in threes (safety in numbers and all that) so even at the higher estimate of 30 thats 50 houses per group.90% of doors will have been answered, mostly to see if their genes were worth adding to the pool and we don't normally see suits in this place so most people will be wondering who was arrested...

Edited by IAteAllThePies

I live in Shawlands, had about 12 'activists' coming round the streets. They didn't chap my Door as I have Yes stickers plastered on the Windows.

You will never, ever know what positive aspects of continuing the union they were going to persuade you with.

Never.

And you'll be stuck with your wee, rich, peaceful and inclusive country for ever.

You will never, ever know what positive aspects of continuing the union they were going to persuade you with.

Never.

And you'll be stuck with your wee, rich, peaceful and inclusive country for ever.

I would love to have heard their arguments, if I knew they where coming around would have taken the stickers down and invited them in for a cup of tea. ;)

Never.

I've seen no evidence of Yes or No canvassers in my area (Redding, Falkirk)

Would love a debate with a No chapper.