Hillsborough Inquests - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As far as i am concerned she has got off lightly.

Even if thatcher was alive are Prime Ministers exempt from prosecution ? I suspect like many others that the hillsborough cover up came from the top and would like to see this shown in court if true.

Edited by Robroysboy

I find Duckenfield's pathetic pleas for sympathy to be absolutely disgusting, and incredibly insulting to the families.

I did notice a thread of self pity throughout his testimony.

I think people would be able to empathise a bit more if it hadn't taken 25 years for him to make any sort of apology, and if he hadn't started and continued the cover up and campaign to blacken the name of the victims.

People would clearly be angry and upset at what happened regardless, but if someone was out of their depth and made some serious misjudgements, but owned up, apologised and tried to put it right, it might have made this whole thing a lot easier.

I'm sure for the families etc this is far too little, far too late.

I did notice a thread of self pity throughout his testimony.

I think people would be able to empathise a bit more if it hadn't taken 25 years for him to make any sort of apology, and if he hadn't started and continued the cover up and campaign to blacken the name of the victims.

People would clearly be angry and upset at what happened regardless, but if someone was out of their depth and made some serious misjudgements, but owned up, apologised and tried to put it right, it might have made this whole thing a lot easier.

I'm sure for the families etc this is far too little, far too late.

He's only 'sorry', because he's been caught.

He didn't kill these people, or want them to die, but his incompetence led to the sequence of events that happened.

He then spent 25 years using his position.... with the protection of the police authorities and highest echelons of UK government....to lie about events, smear the victims, and put the familes through what must have been utter hell.

In many countries, such as Italy and France....where legally, no death can be termed an 'accident'....he would have been convicted and jailed. Instead in the UK, he was allowed to keep his job with full pay and retire with a comfortable pension.

He's now going through a circle of pathetic self-pity because finally he's being publicly confronted with the truth.

Apparently he can't stand to hear the word 'Hillsborough'.... I'm sure the families concerned have a huge amount of sympathy for him.

What a detestable creature.

I'm not keeping up to speed, but can this inquest lead to criminal prosecutions?

As has been mentioned, perjury in the previous inquests springs to mind.

Even if it is token jail time, it would go a long way to help ease the suffering of families and friends.

J

So is his admission not now corporate manslaughter or are plod exempt? Or said as an individual he has no corporate liability?

Mate of mine has given evidence and says he's a cagey swine. Conceding some points that he knows he has no option but not recalling other points.

Duckenfield's finished giving evidence. A discredited, morally bankrupt individual.

I would like to see him financially bankrupt, why should he keep his police pension. Hoping that he is answerable to the law, to show that everyone is responsible for their actions.

I would like to see him financially bankrupt, why should he keep his police pension. Hoping that he is answerable to the law, to show that everyone is responsible for their actions.

Well remember he was conveniently medically retired prior to his police misconduct hearing, so away on full pension, in 1991 I think it was.

Time will tell but I think there will be a massive backlash if that is the outcome.

For that reason, I think the authorities will have to act. Duckenfield's belated admission should see him convicted, for lying under oath in the previous inquiries at the very least!