Independence Referendum: Take Ii - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Independence Referendum: Take Ii

If you believe that Greece is not an independent country then it could be argued that no country in the world is "truly independent". Apart from North Korea, mibee?

Do you not remember the recent referendum that the Greeks had that was overruled by their own government ? Their own government being the EU

Oooft! Seems there was a bigger problem than I realised. The mainstream Yes campaign and the SNP white paper was very much for the Middle classes. It was left to the RIC to target the working class vote and assure people that the day after a Yes vote was delivered the campaign to remove the SNP would begin. I done much of my campaigning in the schemes of Glasgow speaking with people who felt the independence campaign wasn't tailored for them and I agree.

So if we have the working class being isolated, and the Middle classes being isolated... Then we really have a problem :lol:

Well RIC was one facet of that, but you also had very prominent figures in the yes campaign like Dennis Canavan and Jim Sillars frequently make reference to independence being for the working class too.

Possibly, although perhaps the feeling was there were many more votes to be gained by underlining the possibility of a Tory-free Scotland which the majority would love. None of those evil bastards would've voted Yes anyway.

Maybe that's true ? I'm no tory but I think we did a fantastic job in losing them during the referendum, whether we llike it or not a substantial chunk of the electorate still vote for them.

Edited by Freeedom

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont agree we should consider outside of europe at outset. The whole point is to get us like any normal Country. We can sort out in/out of Europe after. For me, shared pound for 5 years whilst we get ready to introduce our own/take the euro whilst the Ruk then realising at end of period it might be best for us to remain within.