Car Keys - - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone bought replacement car keys off internet with new blade, and reprogrammed yourself ?

Only ever had 1 set for my card isnce bought and cautious i might lose them (well i thought i had in Thailand 2 weeks ago )

Seems easy to buy off ebay and reprogramme

wondering if anyone has ever done this ?

Golf 5 2006 if it makes any difference

euan

Anyone bought replacement car keys off internet with new blade, and reprogrammed yourself ?

Only ever had 1 set for my card isnce bought and cautious i might lose them (well i thought i had in Thailand 2 weeks ago )

Seems easy to buy off ebay and reprogramme

wondering if anyone has ever done this ?

Golf 5 2006 if it makes any difference

euan

Your car done well to make it all the way to Thailand. I never knew the 2006 Golfs were amphibious.

Aye, it's a piece of piss but you have to make sure that the key you are using is the master key. You can only reprogram new keys off the master key. You should be able to find something on youtube to show you how to do it.

would your car have been pre 2005 ? reading up on it gives impression you cant do this from master key on cars 2006 onwards

not quitegoing to be taking a local deal in Cape Town, so extending the 4 years i been hereshould be able to stay under the radar a bit more

Good stuff, makes total sense. I too am keeping my heid doon otherwise I'd have been over to visit before now.....