Public Transport On A Sunday Night In The Algarve - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Public Transport On A Sunday Night In The Algarve

Robroysboy

I had a look at bus and train times from Faro for sunday night.

The timetable I seen was that the last train/ bus from Faro to Albuferia on a sunday night was about 21.00.

Could be a problem if you are relying on public transport.

Plus the stadium id 8 miles out of town. Is it serviced by a train station.

Will they put on extra services to accomdate us ?

Has its own train station which will probably have trains running on match day

Estádio Algarve is located about 8 kilometres north of the city of Faro, about halfway between Faro and Loulé.

The stadium has its own train station, Parque das Cidades, with service to Faro, Loulé and other regional destinations. About 10 trains a day run between Faro and Parque das Cidades. The journey takes about 6 minutes, the walk from the station to the stadium a further 15 minutes.

Would be terrific if the Portuguese put on special trains, but the timetables I've seen end at 20.58. Otherwise how long is the trek back to town?

If this game is important , i.e. a win would secure 3rd or better we could see a huge travelling support for this one.

Somebody said 20 k, but we have alot of games to be played before this final match.

Everyone could get a ticket as it a big stadium with little or no home support.

I had a look at bus and train times from Faro for sunday night.

The timetable I seen was that the last train/ bus from Faro to Albuferia on a sunday night was about 21.00.

Could be a problem if you are relying on public transport.

Plus the stadium id 8 miles out of town. Is it serviced by a train station.

Will they put on extra services to accomdate us ?

I've got you booked on my bus for 10 seats.

Got to remember this is Gibraltar we are playing, not Portugal....GFA will be paying for the rent of the stadium and security, anything else will probably not be taken into account (city council will probably foot the bill to the GFA and the GFA will probably say its the city who have to deal with this......)

Thankfully got travel plans from hotel to game sorted as I can see this turning into a bit of a shambles.

Got to remember this is Gibraltar we are playing, not Portugal....GFA will be paying for the rent of the stadium and security, anything else will probably not be taken into account (city council will probably foot the bill to the GFA and the GFA will probably say its the city who have to deal with this......)

Thankfully got travel plans from hotel to game sorted as I can see this turning into a bit of a shambles.

Hopefully being the last to visit they'll be well practiced.

I'm sure our Irish friends on the board will be able to pass on any info, being there the month before us.

Think I'll do something similar and make plans to and from the stadium soon.

................. you hope :wave:

Hopefully being the last to visit they'll be well practiced.

I'm sure our Irish friends on the board will be able to pass on any info, being there the month before us.

Think I'll do something similar and make plans to and from the stadium soon.

Yeah, until they play Germany and Ireland it will be hard to get a clear picture what to expect at the stadium based on games they have had against Georgia and Poland (not sure what they attracted against Georgia, but just over 1,500 showed up for Poland game)...... any Gibraltar fans I have asked on Twitter basically said they just all showed up in buses before the game and headed straight home after the match.

................. you hope :wave:

Yep :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

More and More am thinking on just changing and staying in faro itself as it looks like at lot of buses are sold out

We had a discussion tonight and came to the same conclusion.

Had hotels in Faro and Albuferia booked. Rationalised that if the shit hit the fan and we missed busses etc, we could hoof 8 miles into town. Would be ducked if we had to somehow get back to Albuferia.

J

More and More am thinking on just changing and staying in faro itself as it looks like at lot of buses are sold out

Google "Algarve Transfers".

Get a large list of email addresses.

Email them all asking their best price for a Airport-Hotel-Ground-Hotel-Airport transfer.

Negotiate then down.

It'll be more convenient than a supporters bus, will get you to/from the airport and if you've got 2 apartments worth of folk, of be surprised if it was significantly more expensive overall.

Easy as.