What Can I Watch Tonight? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Can I Watch Tonight?

Was supposed to be going out tonight with friends, but Mrs Maq is off work ill, so we're just staying in.

Nithin on TV, what can we watch?

Anyone seen any good films recently? Or a decent TV series? Something gripping preferably.

We've been watching The Missing and The Fall, something of that ilk would be great.

Recently we've seen:

Dexter

The Wire

Breaking Bad (thought it was rubbish!)

Girls (wife loved it)

Orange is the new black (keich)

Boardwalk Empire

I've tried The Blacklist, and Ray Donovan but never got into them

Anyone got any recommendations?

I know there's been threads before for new films etc, I'll go and have a search for them, but just wondered if anyone has seen anything recently they could recommend

Aye, seen it! Thanks though - I see a new series is starting in the New Year, not sure if it's any of the same cast though

Well Coleman and Tennant are definitely in it. Sure I seen a clip of the Mum in the trailer as well although it may not have been here.

I've not seen it yet myself but House of Cards is supposed to be really good.

Was supposed to be going out tonight with friends, but Mrs Maq is off work ill, so we're just staying in.

Nithin on TV, what can we watch?

Anyone seen any good films recently? Or a decent TV series? Something gripping preferably.

We've been watching The Missing and The Fall, something of that ilk would be great.

Recently we've seen:

Dexter

The Wire

Breaking Bad (thought it was rubbish!)

Girls (wife loved it)

Orange is the new black (keich)

Boardwalk Empire

I've tried The Blacklist, and Ray Donovan but never got into them

Anyone got any recommendations?

I know there's been threads before for new films etc, I'll go and have a search for them, but just wondered if anyone has seen anything recently they could recommend

LOVE/HATE is pretty good.

I've not seen it yet myself but House of Cards is supposed to be really good.

Aye, tried that a couple weeks ago. Meh. But thanks!

If you're prepared to watch subtitles, The Killing and The Bridge are good too.

I watched the American remake of the Killing and enjoyed that, I'll have a look at the Bridge, cheers

I watched both episodes of The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries last night, depressing, sad and gripping. Between the terrible murder of a young woman and the destruction of a mans life just for being 'oddly different' it leaves you feeling despondent at end of first episode but raises you up slightly by end of 2nd.

I watched both episodes of The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries last night, depressing, sad and gripping. Between the terrible murder of a young woman and the destruction of a mans life just for being 'oddly different' it leaves you feeling despondent at end of first episode but raises you up slightly by end of 2nd.

Jeezo, doll. You're no' selling it to me.