Scottish Cup Calendar To Change Back? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Calendar To Change Back?

I'd move it to the last Saturday in January. Most folk have got money again, not a lot happens at that time of year....

Don't play it the 1st weekend of the Christmas party season when there is 101 other drains on folks finance.

Also means Motherwell's season is effectively over before the 1st flap is open on the advent calendar. All we have to look forward to is bottom 6 and avoiding relegation and the play off!

Can't be very good for the club shop, or 1/2 season ticket sales and the likes.

Third round used to be last week in January before they started fecking about with it

Yeah due to those couple of bad winters we had leading to loads of postponements and a big fixture backlog.

Lot more artificial pitches on the go sibce then though to help the situation...

Yeah due to those couple of bad winters we had leading to loads of postponements and a big fixture backlog.

Lot more artificial pitches on the go sibce then though to help the situation...

That's right, I think it was at the 5th attempt in the worst conditions of the 5 dates that Motherwell played Inverurie locos, the following year we had booked a hotel in Inverness for ICT and it was off too.

And whilst we're at it, switch the League Cup so the final is in October/November, and the same with the Challenge Cup.

Having spent my whole life supporting a team who never gets to Hampden and is desperate to get there, its nonsense that knowing by the end of November 2014 my team have no chance of a game at Hampden until at least sometime in 2016 now.

And whilst we're at it, switch the League Cup so the final is in October/November, and the same with the Challenge Cup.

Having spent my whole life supporting a team who never gets to Hampden and is desperate to get there, its nonsense that knowing by the end of November 2014 my team have no chance of a game at Hampden until at least sometime in 2016 now.

Good point.