Virgin Galactic - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Virgin Galactic

I just saw a Sunday Times headline - "Branson's space dream lies shattered in desert". I didn't notice any other papers leading on this (or putting the emphasis on Branson rather than the fatality)

I also seem to remember the Sunday Times also did a negative front page feature on Branson/Galactic a while back. At the time I didn't think anything of it...

Then there was that 'controversy' over Usain Bolt and the "Glasgow is sh*t" misquote - and someone said at the time the negative story was all about Murdoch v Branson/Virgin.

Could it be part of a pattern?

The events of this year would certainly open eyes to newspaper motives...

Edited by exile

The tone of reports do seem to make it sound like the project is dead in the water but as has been said how many accidents were there when passenger planes were starting out. Technology like this will never be smooth sailing but I think in the end it will be as safe as flying is just now

IIRC they previously lost some engineers when propellant exploded in the lab. Seems like the project's cursed with issues around the rocket fuel.

What with the ISS supply rocket failure it's not been a good week for private space ventures. That said if I win the lotto I'd still fancy a trip on Virgin Galactic...